Pontiac G8 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I found plenty of cars with the options I'm willing to buy. Too bad there aren't any incentives, 0% financing, conquest/loyalty cash being offered Today.

The Pontiac site said NO INCENTIVES to buy a G8. You can get 0% on a Corvette though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found plenty of cars with the options I'm willing to buy. Too bad there aren't any incentives, 0% financing, conquest/loyalty cash being offered Today.

The Pontiac site said NO INCENTIVES to buy a G8. You can get 0% on a Corvette though.
Too bad there aren't any with sunroofs. Anyone have any suggestions? Seems like the west coast already picked through this, and if you are in MN you are f'd!!! :)

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts

Wait a year and they'll be giving them away under invoice.

Or could be as soon as 4-6 months.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Too bad there aren't any with sunroofs. Anyone have any suggestions? Seems like the west coast already picked through this, and if you are in MN you are f'd!!! :)
http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html

And there are other companies, also. But I believe this one to be teh oem. Your dealer can have installed prolly for not much more than factory price. Only issue is button location. And sunglass holder? http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1666&highlight=sunroof+installed

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Does anyone have any idea of what the time frame or schedule is like for new batches to be available for tagging?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone have any idea of what the time frame or schedule is like for new batches to be available for tagging?
Good question...If it helps my dealer tagged a liquid red GT6 for me, and if I don't like it or want a GT7 he is just going to dealer trade for one, if there are any....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't really feel like spending $30k and having someone cut the car open. I appreciate the link though.
Dave
I felt the same way - 'till I had one. I had a 2000 Grand Prix GTP w/GTX kit. Sunroof was added by the dealer and was from the same company linked above. I had trouble with it one day, I don't remember what exactly, but the local shop that installed it came to my office and fixed it in the parking garage that day. I've never had that kind of service from a GM dealer.

Now maybe this is just an example of a good local shop, but that experience made me reconsider my position on aftermarket roofs. This roof appeared to be a quality kit and the local shop stood behind it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No updates

Still no GT5s...Why no GT5s? Leather, sunroof and 18s?
The inventory page hasn't been updated in at least two weeks, the last listed cars are TPW 7/16, which hasn't changed since last month.

I am still getting the story that there were GT5s produced the last week of July.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I am still getting the story that there were GT5s produced the last week of July.
You wouldn't have happened to have heard anything about silver GT7s, have you? :drink: :)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The inventory site has been updated. More than 30 pages (300+) GT7s listed. At the moment more than 60 are Silver...
Saw them on Saturday, but thanks for the heads up anyway! I'll either be having a dealer tag one, or have one brought down from another dealership, in the near future. I can't wait to be driving one of these bad boys! :driving:

·
Registered
5 Posts
gt5!!

Picked up my gt5 last week. Metallic gray, sunroof, all weather tires and premium pkg. Only had to wait 4 1/2 months - I am lovin life!!!!! This is the funnest car I've ever owned - well worth the wait!!!:driving:

·
Registered
123 Posts
So they did make some 5s!! good for you...enjoy the car...long wait! Like that color too....no 5s in the system of late...may just go for a camaro if this keeps up...let us know how it goes...

141 - 160 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
60 Participants
lridelow
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing