Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, what are your thoughts between the 2 options. I LOVE my GT, but I have come across an excellent deal on a 2010 GT500. I like the 4 doors on the GT, but I'm HOOKED on the 540rwhp.

I know there will be some that say stay with the G8 for no other reason than how rare it is and I agree. But the GT500 is fairly rare around here as well. There are actually far more G8s in town than Shelbys.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I could ramble on for hours about what makes the G8 so special but you can always put 540 HP in the G8. Or a lot more for that matter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree completely, however it is difficult beyond basic bolt on's in this area. I am trying to get a Livernois 2c and Heads, but they can't remote tune my car from here for that setup. The nearest dyno is in the Denver area and I can't take the time to get down there with my job.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My step dad has a GT500, that will turn a lot more heads than a G8. Depsite how exclusive the G8 may be.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that I'm not completely loving is the color...Grabber Blue. I'll need to think that over a little

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Also the 2010 had 540 HP to the crank not wheels.

·
The Mustang dude
1,323 Posts
as if THAT detail matters much.... its still 460 to the wheels in a 3700 lb package. Hahaha

Im not a fan of that color so I'd have to say pass, BUT keep looking to see if you can make a similar deal elsewhere. hahaha

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Just as the title says, what are your thoughts between the 2 options. I LOVE my GT, but I have come across an excellent deal on a 2010 GT500. I like the 4 doors on the GT, but I'm HOOKED on the 540rwhp.

I know there will be some that say stay with the G8 for no other reason than how rare it is and I agree. But the GT500 is fairly rare around here as well. There are actually far more G8s in town than Shelbys.

Thoughts?
Hm... well maybe look into some rick Crawford magic.. I went with livernois and dynoed 430/404 with mods in sig.. and with a full suspension I have no traction issues. Only 30whp off from the GT500, and a large passenger's worth of weight.

That's with a baby cam 218-229 .600 .600 117.5 lsa. We all see things differently though, I'd rather do a bigger cam/stall in my g8, line em up, and wreck that gt500 with my fat whore of a car.

That's how I see it though, others may say gt500, exhaust/pulley/ported blower and wreck my g8. Lol.

Its your call my man, just politics someones going to not like your decision. But make you happy and **** the rest of em.

Sent From: A Nuclear Facility

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the opinions...all are valid points.

I think I'm going to give the cam/head package another chance before anything else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Both obviously are awesome cars in their own respect. I actually contemplate moving to a new 5.0 just about every time I go by a Ford dealer lol. Personally I may end up doing it because for now I don't need a backseat and figure I might as well have a coupe while I am able to. Idk what your situation is, but just do what makes you happy and forget what "haters" will try to tell you ha

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well crap...it's official. Livernois doesn't have a remote tune for the 2c/heads package I was looking for.

Time to start researching...again.

·
The Mustang dude
1,323 Posts
That's how I see it though, others may say gt500, exhaust/pulley/ported blower and wreck my g8. Lol.
Correction - Pulley, tune and its all over but the bleeding. haha

·
Registered
707 Posts
Go for a BOSS

Well crap...it's official. Livernois doesn't have a remote tune for the 2c/heads package I was looking for.

Time to start researching...again.
^Check out PatG

I really like the GT500s but they belong to that class of guys who buy Corvette's. If I had to pick a Stang it would be the 302 Boss. That package on a road coarse is just as fast or faster than a 2010 Shelby. It not until the 2012 package with aluminum block that made them "less" noise heavy. Now I haven't seen a Boss on the street, Ive seen them on dealer lots, but none out. That by far in time will be just as rare or rarer than the GT500 or G8.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like the GT500s but they belong to that class of guys who buy Corvette's. If I had to pick a Stang it would be the 302 Boss. That package on a road coarse is just as fast or faster than a 2010 Shelby. It not until the 2012 package with aluminum block that made them "less" noise heavy. Now I haven't seen a Boss on the street, Ive seen them on dealer lots, but none out. That by far in time will be just as rare or rarer than the GT500 or G8.

I agree. But the GT500 is used, local, and in GREAT condition. Both the G8 and GT500 respond well to mods...the difference between the 2 is the starting point.:driving:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm thinking about switching to the dark side too. If I ever find a low mileage competition orange cobra my g8 will be history.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you don't have to worry about snow or a ton of driving, I would lean on the GT500.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have driven out a couple times so far...very nice!!! I haven't had a chance to really drive it yet with the traffic, but it absolutely pulls MUCH harder than anything I've every driven.

The jury is still out, however. There are a couple things that the dealership needs to address before I'll commit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
16 Participants
BigTony08
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing