Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the 2011 Cadillac CTS front seats fit the g8? My friend is parting out his base CTS and is willing to sell me his leather seats for almost Nothing.....if they fit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll most likely lose your side airbags, if you care.
Not really. Lol. Just curious if it would bolt up without modding brackets

·
Registered
284 Posts
It really only take a few minutes to pull the seat.... and then maybe 4 10mm bolts to pull off the actual mount/track from the the bottom of the seat in the G8. I really don't think it would take that much for you to pull a seat and at least measure out the mounts to see if they're close.

My bet is that the tracks are similar, but not nearly close enough to just swap the brackets and call it a day. But I also think you could get a little creative and come up with a solution over the weekend so long as they're not significantly wider seats. IF the CTS seat is made in a similar way (I suspect it is), you could get both the track and bottom mount off both seats and fabricate a plate to make them swappable.

Would love to see pics if you do it... and I also have (2) spare G8 front leather power heated seats taken totally apart in my basement. I could send you a few pictures if it helps, but shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You could try mounting the CTS seats into an aftermarket seat brackets for G8.

Remove the factory mounts from the CTS seats and have it welded into the G8 bracket then figure out the wiring.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
SRG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing