Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Although the good Lord chose to take the Pontiac G8 from us far too early in its life, other countries can still enjoy GM's Zeta platform superstar in all it's Holden Commodore-based goodness.

The United Kingdom is particularly privileged, as it gets this Vauxhall VXR8, seemingly adorned in Rape Yellow, and it comes equipped with a 430 horsepower LS3 V8, capable of hitting 60 mph in just under 5 seconds. The VXR8 also gets the Magnetic Ride Control dampers from the Corvette ZR1, and a chassis tuned by Holden Special Vehicles, two items that were conspicuously missing from the Pontiac G8.

Of course, the VXR also costs an outrageous $78,060, about double the price of the top level G8 GXP. Still cheaper than an AMG or BMW M car, but a LOT of scratch for a General Motors sedan.

More: 2011 Vauxhall VXR8 Makes Us Weep For Pontiac G8 on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
that is a beautiful looking car! I wish we will one day be able to add that front end to our g8s. Anyone know what type of wheels those are?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
G8 coming back, remember? ;)

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Man, that car is sweet!!!

·
2009.1 Liquid Red G8 GT
350 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ran with one of these bad boys back in June when I was in the UK on a business trip.

I started a thread here and included a link to 2 YouTube videos I uploaded.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So, is it possible to order the suspension components from a European supplier and install them here in the US?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts