Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Anyone from DFW care to caravan down to the Texas Mile on Friday the 23rd?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hotel booked. Looks like I am leaving on Fri morning & will get down to the Texas Mile on Fri around 2-3pm. Hopefully, there will be a hangout in Beeville on Fri night.

Closest hotels from the Texas Mile that I could find available were in Sinton (30 min), Refugio (30 min), & Victoria (1 hour).

On Sat, I'll be at the Texas Mile when the gates open for spectators at 7:15am.

Boss, are you staying in Sinton?

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
FYI- I just found what is probably the last hotel in Beeville with vacancy. They just opened two weeks ago and don't have a website yet. Its a little pricey but sounds decent.

Belmont Inn and Suites:
361 542 4020

·
Registered
479 Posts
Anyone who wants to caravan, we need to start working out the details. Stopping in Round Rock/Austin works for me. We can stop there for lunch and meet up with others. Feel free to throw out suggestions on meeting place in DFW and lunch locations in Austin. I'd say a good BBQ joint in Austin!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm going just to spectate too. My car isn't ready for the challenge just yet.

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
What time do you guys think you'll leave DFW? I'd like to pick up the caravan in SA but I can't leave until late afternoon- like 4pm.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
just curious, don't they require you to setup your ride with a rollcage, etc to run ?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm interested in picking up the caravan in San Antonio also, anytime after 12 would work for me

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just switched my hotel to the Belmont in Beeville. They have one King Suite room left.

What time should we leave from DFW? 9:00 ish? I'm in Richardson. Where are other DFW people from, so we can figure out where to meet?

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
It depends on ur speed. They have rules on the website. I think if ur under 200 ur ok but don't quote me.
Yeah but I think the only g8 who would need that is maybe Daniel Linnett or wreckwriter. It takes around 1,000hp to get in the 200 mph range in a mile.

I'm hoping for 170 but 155-160 is more realistic. Before the blower I hit 148 in a 20-30mph headwind. Stock ZR1's were around 165 that day.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Justin,

You know if anybody else from San Antonio is gonna go? Trying to see if my dad will join (red g8 in my avatar) but not aware of anybody else going.

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
Justin,

You know if anybody else from San Antonio is gonna go? Trying to see if my dad will join (red g8 in my avatar) but not aware of anybody else going.
Yep. Dave (Ramjet) and his wife, Linda, who also drives a (slightly faster) :) G8. I'm not sure about everyone else. They might not have seen this thread yet. Wally is coming too, but he's coming in from Corpus on Thursday.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts