#1 · (Edited)
What: Texas Mile
When: Saturday, March 24th, 2012
Where: Chase Field, Beeville, TX
Map: http://binged.it/ADaqxP
Spectator Cost: $15 for all 3 days

Sat Event Schedule
7:00 AM: Driver/ Rider Check In and Tech
7:15 AM: Spectator Gate Opens: Tickets are $15 per person / Children 12 and under are admitted free
7:30 AM-Dusk: Track Opens, Competition Runs Begin
8:00 AM: Driver/Rider Mandatory Meeting inside tent next to Registration (Come prepared for course drive through)
8:30 AM: SLOW Course Drive Through
12:00 PM-1:00 PM: Lunch
12:00 PM: Driver/Rider Mandatory Meeting
7:00 PM: Registration and Tech Close

Jessica at the texasmile.net said that they can cone off an area for us to park together and watch the event if we can give her a solid number in mid March.

Please sign up if you are attending. I'll edit this post as more names are added.

Texas Mile Signup
  1. wbja (Corpus Christi, Racing)
  2. DCC Justin (San Antonio, Racing)
  3. Boss Hogg (Dallas)
  4. Kn1ckster (Dallas)
  5. willysig (Dallas)
  6. PARALYZER (Dallas)
  7. elephantrider (Austin)
  8. Topher3134 (Austin)
  9. number44will (Houston)
  10. PSMG8GT (San Antonio)
  11. RamJet (San Antonio)
  12. Lady RamJet (San Antonio)
  13. 98aggie (Victoria)
  14. PatrickG (Victoria)
  15. smso966 (Louisiana, 50% chance)
  16. gr8t gt (Dallas, 50% chance)
  17. Agose25 (Dallas, 50% chance)
  18. SMP-G8 (San Antonio, 50% chance)
Fri, March 23rd Dallas Cruise Info - Map of route: http://binged.it/x02NHo
8:20 AM: Meet up in Desoto on the NW corner of Pleasant Run & I35, there is a large parking lot for Kroger & Ross.
8:30 - 11:00: Drive from Desoto to Round Rock.
11:00 - 12:00: Lunch at the Salt Lick in Round Rock.
12:00 - 2:30: Drive from Round Rock to Beeville.

See less See more
#35 ·
I will probably head down Friday and stay with relatives over night that live in Pleasanton, 30 miles south of S.A. off of 37.

#36 ·
We are going to do our best to bring both cars (RamJet and LadyRamJet), if she can get the day off. I leave the next day for an extended business trip, so it would almost be theraputic for me.

#37 ·
I am a 50% chance right now. Considering going to the Supra nationals in Sealy the weekend before and wont be able to do both more than likely. I will give an update as it gets closer and I make a final decision.

#40 ·
Hotel booked. Looks like I am leaving on Fri morning & will get down to the Texas Mile on Fri around 2-3pm. Hopefully, there will be a hangout in Beeville on Fri night.

Closest hotels from the Texas Mile that I could find available were in Sinton (30 min), Refugio (30 min), & Victoria (1 hour).

On Sat, I'll be at the Texas Mile when the gates open for spectators at 7:15am.

#41 ·
Anyone from DFW care to caravan down to the Texas Mile on Friday the 23rd?

#46 ·
FYI- I just found what is probably the last hotel in Beeville with vacancy. They just opened two weeks ago and don't have a website yet. Its a little pricey but sounds decent.

Belmont Inn and Suites:
361 542 4020

#47 ·
Anyone who wants to caravan, we need to start working out the details. Stopping in Round Rock/Austin works for me. We can stop there for lunch and meet up with others. Feel free to throw out suggestions on meeting place in DFW and lunch locations in Austin. I'd say a good BBQ joint in Austin!!!

#62 ·
Lunch in Austin would be a good way to break up the long drive on Friday.

Since we are coming from different directions, I'd suggest a central location south of Dallas to leave for the cruise. If it's not too early, I'd like to meet up in DeSoto and leave at 8:30 am. On the NW corner of Pleasant Run & I35, there is a large parking lot for Kroger & Ross.

If we leave DeSoto at 8:30, we should be in Austin around 11:00. Eat for an hour & be in Beeville by 2:30 to check into the hotels & then head to the track for a quick preview. According to Bing, we should take Hwy 123 from San Marcus to Beeville.

#51 ·
What time do you guys think you'll leave DFW? I'd like to pick up the caravan in SA but I can't leave until late afternoon- like 4pm.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#53 ·
just curious, don't they require you to setup your ride with a rollcage, etc to run ?

#54 ·
I'm interested in picking up the caravan in San Antonio also, anytime after 12 would work for me

#55 ·
I just switched my hotel to the Belmont in Beeville. They have one King Suite room left.

What time should we leave from DFW? 9:00 ish? I'm in Richardson. Where are other DFW people from, so we can figure out where to meet?

#59 ·
Justin,

You know if anybody else from San Antonio is gonna go? Trying to see if my dad will join (red g8 in my avatar) but not aware of anybody else going.

#60 ·
Yep. Dave (Ramjet) and his wife, Linda, who also drives a (slightly faster) :) G8. I'm not sure about everyone else. They might not have seen this thread yet. Wally is coming too, but he's coming in from Corpus on Thursday.

#66 ·
Threadgills or Saltgrass would be my choices if I were you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.