Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me describe the car: it was a brand new 2013 silver corvette, it had its paint all crisp and clean looking with a shine, the paper license plate was still on, tinted windows and this car was roaring for some action.

The scene: I just got done with school happy because i got a 100% on my main project and was heading back home. I was playing High Way to Hell by AC/DC and heading on to the freeway (I-45). I hit the freeway and let my engine open up to get to 74 mph so i can have my little thrill of the day. Right once i hit 74 mph i start cruising and with in 10 sec of me cruising on my way home here comes this Nice crisp clean 2013 silver corvette. This beast comes flying buy me at near 85 mph, roaring for any action it could get. It caught my eye so i had to see what this new sweet beast corvette looked like and it was sweet as sugary sweet pie.

I start speeding up to look at this car and it starts to slow down like it had been in a race. It gets side by side with me as im in the far left lane and this corvette two lanes away. I speed up a little and this corvette was looking for some action so it speeds up and cuts in my lane like the beast from hell and throttles its engine for a run. I said what the hell and lets rock this thing and push on my sweet baby jesus throttle to let this dragon roar. The corvette starts to gain a cars length on me because it was speeding away asking for no chance before my car could react but she was wanting some deep action and lets herself go. With in seconds im getting really close on this corvettes rear end and my car wanted even more of it. She then shifts into 6th gear as i get into the right lane to pass and she leaves no trace behind. I let her hit 125mph as i passed this corvette and decided enough was enough as the corvette was now trying to play catch up. I let off the gas after i now had 2 bus lengths and that was the end of it. That corvette wanted to keep playing even when we had the same exit but i said enough was enough. As we pull to a stop light were i had to turn left and this corvette had to go straight, the man inside ask "hey nice race even though it wasn't fair, what you got inside?". I respond " Same engine as yours with a tune and exhaust, and what wasn't fair that you had jump, what you got?", " Just got her today, (light turns green) see you later." He said. So as my crazy drift king self cam out i drifted that turn with a load exhaust roar to say good bye.

well its my first time actually writing like that so i hope yall like. I will say it happened today and was the most action and fun i have had since i got my new engine. The last one was blown from an improper tuning. So let me know of how i did and i will admit i dont look at peoples cars much because im more focused on the road. I rather be safe and in control than be distracted. And last please no thrashing because i was speeding how can you do a kill will doing the speed limit?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I dont think our engine is anything like the new vettes. They have a 6.2 to start off and 60-70 more horsepower stock. I understand what your getting at but, technically there totally different.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i understand they have the ls3 engine in theirs while we have an ls2 bottom with ls3 top. But you also have to consider that ours is auto and the corvette is manual.

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Its not every day an exhaust/intake/tune G8 runs down an LS3 vette that got the jump....amiright??

What speed does your car shift into 6th gear at under WOT?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
That's an impressive kill, even if the G8 did have a cam swap! Nice one, OP!

OP: you have in your "mods on the way" list a "4 to 2 door conversion". Is that serious? How on Earth do you plan to pull that off (and why)?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Um yes that was truly an amazing story. I was looking for a Cam or heads in his list. I missed it i guess. With all that yeah I'm not surprised you came out on top.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey everyone, yall post fast, unfortunately i was unable to transfer over the cam because it was basically eaten alive. How can you look up more info on your motor i have the vin from the motor but that's all the info i got, when i was tuning the engine it real seemed like it was way off from my last engine, like more power wise so im not sure if i might have ended up getting a gxp engine or if this engine was modded a little bit.

Also Turbo301- look up Holden coupe 60 its basically what i want my car to be ideally turned into. A guy here in the U.S did the conversion already but stopped near the end and ended up selling it. That person completed the project and a couple days later wrecked the vehicle. But if i reference to the page again the door is from a common car thats driven in the U.S.

f3racer- is the romance novel comment a good thing or bad thing ?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ow also to add on when i was putting oil into the engine it took 12 mobile 1 bottles compared to the usual 8-9 from my previous engine. And the engine i bought was pre filled with oil already. Dont know if that makes any sense or not.

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
I'm sorry OP, but this story doesn't jive one bit. I don't care if you have a cam or not, your not going to pull on a C6 Vette at those speeds. Too much weight difference and not enough HP over the Vette to pull this off. Sounds like he let out of it or didn't even shift down.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why would i write this long post to waste my time, the car was a grande sport edition 2013 silver corvette, i remember that from the double fins on the side. Even if he let off why would he antagonize me for another race? Just saying, he probably did let go because my exhaust is load, but when i slowed down it sure looked like he was still racing when he flew by me. I dont know his side but i know my side from what i saw and thats what im telling yall.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That was a little tough to read, not gonna lie.

What are your mods on the new engine?

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Why would i write this long post to waste my time, the car was a grande sport edition 2013 silver corvette, i remember that from the double fins on the side. Even if he let off why would he antagonize me for another race? Just saying, he probably did let go because my exhaust is load, but when i slowed down it sure looked like he was still racing when he flew by me. I dont know his side but i know my side from what i saw and thats what im telling yall.
I'm not saying your lying or anything. I'm saying that this guy isn't driving his brand new GS C6 vette like he stole it.LOL The GS's even have better gearing than the standard C6's. I believe the GS is the same as the old Z51 package. Good run regardless though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts