Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a set of rims from a 2016-19 CTS-V.

After scouring all posts I can’t seem to find if the offsets will fit.

The specs are as follows:
Fronts- 19x9.5 with an offset of +23
Rears- 19x10 with an offset of +39

Any insight would be great and help In terms of if I should purchase the rims.

Thanks in advance.

·
every village has one
2,147 Posts
Search wheel or wheel offset calculators. You can enter your stock wheel dimensions and the wheel you are considering. 1010 tires site has one.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Think of a 2nd gen V and a G8 as basically interchangeable. I'm aware of only 1 guy who ran a 3rd gen V wheel on a V2. There was a fair amount of work needed to allow them to work. For that reason I don't think they would work without a great deal of work on a G8. Unless you can test fit, I would pass.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have an opportunity to purchase a set of rims from a 2016-19 CTS-V.

After scouring all posts I can’t seem to find if the offsets will fit.

The specs are as follows:
Fronts- 19x9.5 with an offset of +23
Rears- 19x10 with an offset of +39

Any insight would be great and help In terms of if I should purchase the rims.

Thanks in advance.
Both widths and offsets will be putting the outer edge of the tire outside your wheel wells.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Think of a 2nd gen V and a G8 as basically interchangeable. I'm aware of only 1 guy who ran a 3rd gen V wheel on a V2. There was a fair amount of work needed to allow them to work. For that reason I don't think they would work without a great deal of work on a G8. Unless you can test fit, I would pass.
The offsets are pretty aggressive for the stock g8 fenders. Will minimally need a roll, maybe even need to trim fender liner, pull fenders and add camber.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The offsets are pretty aggressive for the stock g8 fenders. Will minimally need a roll, maybe even need to trim fender liner, pull fenders and add camber.
No amount of pulling is going to fit a 9.5" wheel on the front with a +23et offset. He'll be banging fender liners like no tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts