Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit surprised to see this so early this year. But the first 2017 SS's have started to show up on dealer lots as of 2 days ago. There are only 11 of them right now, but I expect that to increase soon. None of these cars are listed as Sold Retail Units, so looks like they are ready to buy! The cars are currently mostly in CA, but there are also cars in PA & NJ. I might as well start the rundown that I'll continue to track as I have in the past:

Regal Peacock Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Orange Blast Manual - 1 Automatic - 1
Silver Ice Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Red Hot 2 Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Phantom Black Manual - 0 Automatic - 2
Heron White Manual - 2 Automatic - 3
Slipstream Blue Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Nightfall Gray Manual - 0 Automatic - 2

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I looked up to see that one of the cars that has now reached a dealership, was built back on 10/18/2016. Right now it seems like all of the cars were built between 10/10/16 - 10/25/16. This continues the approximate timeline that I have seen in past years of about 3 months from the time of production until the vehicle arrives at dealership.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I gotta admit that orange one in manual would be tempting had I not just got my Charger. I hate GM and it looks like a Malibu but I could see me rocking it.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the update for 1/15/2017

Orange Blast Manual - 1 Automatic - 1
Red Hot 2 Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Phantom Black Manual - 0 Automatic - 2
Heron White Manual - 2 Automatic - 3
Slipstream Blue Manual - 0 Automatic - 0
Nightfall Gray Manual - 0 Automatic - 1

That means we are down to a total of 10 right now. Looks the a Nightfall Gray Automatic was the first 2017 SS to sell.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rydell Automotive Group, Northridge, CA

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear that comment about it looks like a Malibu or it looks like an Impala all the time. It isn't accurate. We had our 2015 SS parked between a Malibu & an Impala & I wish I had taken a picture of it. Didn't look like either of them, unless someone has been taking bad drugs. However, in this wonderful nation, we are all entitled to our opinions. Others are free to be wrong if they want to be ;-) !

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
I hear that comment about it looks like a Malibu or it looks like an Impala all the time. It isn't accurate. We had our 2015 SS parked between a Malibu & an Impala & I wish I had taken a picture of it. Didn't look like either of them, unless someone has been taking bad drugs. However, in this wonderful nation, we are all entitled to our opinions. Others are free to be wrong if they want to be ;-) !
Perhaps I should have said Malibuish styling. ;)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
If your thoughts are a Cheby is a Cheby is Cheby....

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the update for 1/18/2017

Orange Blast Manual - 0 Automatic - 2
Red Hot 2 Manual - 0 Automatic - 1
Phantom Black Manual - 2 Automatic - 4
Heron White Manual - 5 Automatic - 4
Slipstream Blue Manual - 1 Automatic - 0
Nightfall Gray Manual - 0 Automatic - 3

That means we are down to a total of 22 right now. There is even one brave dealership that has thrown a January Super Bonus Tag on a 2017 SS! The cars are now in OH, PA, NC, MA, & CA. I am very surprised to see that one of the early cars is at a little dealership in Bakerstown, PA where my dad bought his '12 Silverado! They sell a lot of trucks, but would never expected to see them get a '17 SS so soon!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Really liking a manual Orange blast. Dang.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I received notice that a manual was just delivered this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the update for 1/18/2017

Orange Blast Manual - 2 Automatic - 2
Red Hot 2 Manual - 0 Automatic - 1
Phantom Black Manual - 4 Automatic - 9
Heron White Manual - 5 Automatic - 5
Slipstream Blue Manual - 3 Automatic - 0
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1 Automatic - 4

That means we are down to a total of 36 right now. There is even one brave dealership that has thrown a January Super Bonus Tag on a 2017 SS! The cars are now in OH, PA, NC, NY, NJ, DE, MA, CT & CA. I am very surprised to see that one of the early cars is at a little dealership in Bakerstown, PA where my dad bought his '12 Silverado! They sell a lot of trucks, but would never expected to see them get a '17 SS so soon!

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
First '17 owner on the SS forum is in MI.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Think it just might be that "orange color" too !

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 280 Posts
About this Discussion
279 Replies
32 Participants
matthewg
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing