Regal Peacock Manual - 2 Automatic - 6
Orange Blast Manual - 27 Automatic - 20
Silver Ice Manual - 11 Automatic - 13
Red Hot 2 Manual - 8 Automatic - 17
Phantom Black Manual - 42 Automatic - 53+
Heron White Manual - 22 Automatic - 54+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 16 Automatic - 24
Nightfall Gray Manual - 21 Automatic - 59+

That means we are up to a total of 395+ right now. The cars are now in OH, PA, NY, TN, NC, NJ, DE, MA, CT, VA, MD, MI, OR, WA, GA, IN, NV, FL, AL, SC, MS, WV, KY, LA, IA, AK, WI, IL, TX, AZ, NH, VT & CA. That means that we have 33 states covered now, and the floodgates seem to have opened to the upper Midwest now too. It seems like quite a few have arrived at ports, and they are getting them transported out. I suspect that by the end of February, they will be available for sale in all 50 states.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Here is the update for 2/13/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 2 Automatic - 7
Orange Blast Manual - 28 Automatic - 20
Silver Ice Manual - 11 Automatic - 15
Red Hot 2 Manual - 9 Automatic - 18
Phantom Black Manual - 42 Automatic - 53+
Heron White Manual - 24 Automatic - 54+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 18 Automatic - 24
Nightfall Gray Manual - 22 Automatic - 61+

That means we are up to a total of 408+ right now. The cars are now in OH, PA, NY, TN, NC, NJ, DE, MA, CT, VA, MD, MI, OR, WA, GA, IN, NV, FL, AL, SC, MS, WV, KY, LA, IA, AK, WI, IL, TX, AZ, NH, VT & CA. That means that we have 33 states covered now, and the floodgates seem to have opened to the upper Midwest now too. It seems like quite a few have arrived at ports, and they are getting them transported out. I suspect that by the end of February, they will be available for sale in all 50 states.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here is the update for 2/17/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 6 Automatic - 8
Orange Blast Manual - 34 Automatic - 28
Silver Ice Manual - 15 Automatic - 20
Red Hot 2 Manual - 13 Automatic - 28
Phantom Black Manual - 54 Automatic - 63+
Heron White Manual - 26 Automatic - 61+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 29 Automatic - 38
Nightfall Gray Manual - 27 Automatic - 61+

That means we are up to a total of 511+ right now. The cars are now in OH, PA, NY, TN, NC, NJ, DE, MA, CT, VA, MD, MI, OR, WA, GA, IN, NV, FL, AL, SC, MS, WV, KY, LA, IA, AK, WI, IL, TX, AZ, NH, VT & CA. That means that we have 33 states covered now, and the floodgates seem to have opened to the upper Midwest now too. It seems like quite a few have arrived at ports, and they are getting them transported out. I suspect that by the end of February, they will be available for sale in all 50 states.

·
Grand Poobah
286 Posts
You are absolutely right about February being a slow sales month, expecially up here in the Upper Midwest. Maybe that's why they haven't shipped any SS's up here to the frozen north yet. They all seem further east, south & west. There are less than 300 of them nationwide right now, so they aren't exactly gathering much dust. Plus, either last week or next week (can't remember which) is the last time a dealership can place an order for a 2017 SS. I like your optimism, but with spring approaching soon, I don't think a lot of dealerships will be desperate to reduce their profit on a car that will likely have more demand than previous years. The cars that have the GM Super Bonus Tags or Bonus Tags will likely be the way to go if you want to buy one below Invoice. If you are lucky enough to be able to get Supplier or Employee Pricing code, you will also do fine. I guess the accuracy of your statement is based on what your definition of "a good bit under invoice" is. Time will tell.

How much is the supplier discount? I can get that and am definitely considering one of these 17s if the price drops a little.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How much is the supplier discount? I can get that and am definitely considering one of these 17s if the price drops a little.
Supplier discount is not a set amount, it varies slightly depending on car and options. Here is an example: Regal Peacock SS, automatic with sunroof, MSRP $49,820, Supplier Price $48,074.01. Supplier Price is non-negotiable, so it would cost you the same price for the same exact car no matter which dealership you go to. Most incentives can also be applied to Supplier Price, but not all.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Here is the update for 2/27/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 12 Automatic - 21
Orange Blast Manual - 41 Automatic - 46
Silver Ice Manual - 15 Automatic - 33
Red Hot 2 Manual - 18 Automatic - 30
Phantom Black Manual - 61+ Automatic - 66+
Heron White Manual - 37 Automatic - 66+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 35 Automatic - 58
Nightfall Gray Manual - 30 Automatic - 63+

That means we are up to a total of 632+ right now. The cars are now in OH, PA, NY, TN, NC, NJ, DE, MA, CT, VA, MD, MI, OR, WA, GA, IN, NV, FL, AL, SC, MS, WV, KY, LA, IA, AK, WI, IL, TX, AZ, NH, VT & CA. That means that we have 33 states covered now, and the floodgates seem to have opened to the upper Midwest now too. It seems like quite a few have arrived at ports, and they are getting them transported out. I suspect that by the end of February, they will be available for sale in all 50 states. Current Incentives end at close of business today. We'll see what changes tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Here is the update for 3/3/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 13 Automatic - 26
Orange Blast Manual - 50 Automatic - 55+
Silver Ice Manual - 16 Automatic - 39
Red Hot 2 Manual - 20 Automatic - 48
Phantom Black Manual - 60+ Automatic - 73+
Heron White Manual - 36 Automatic - 67+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 37 Automatic - 60
Nightfall Gray Manual - 34 Automatic - 65+

That means we are up to a total of 699+ right now. These numbers should change quite a bit over the next 10 days. The main reason is that GM is offering 20% off MSRP on all 2017 SS's until close of business on March 13. This has caused the phones to light up. Both of our 2 inbound SS's are sold as a result of this discount. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that should be arriving anyday now at Benicia. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ha...interesting...I live in Benicia and know of the few locations they use to temporarily store these cars and all the others that come into the port. I'll have to go check 'em out and see what I can see. If I find anything interesting I'll take some pictures for you guys and post 'em up.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ha...interesting...I live in Benicia and know of the few locations they use to temporarily store these cars and all the others that come into the port. I'll have to go check 'em out and see what I can see. If I find anything interesting I'll take some pictures for you guys and post 'em up.
That would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.
I did. If it does go away on the 14th, it will only be a matter of time until it returns. I really feel bad for folks who bought previous years for at or near MSRP. They'll be upsidedown for years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I paid like $27K for my blue G8 GT in 2011 with 19K miles.

I want one of these so bad now with the sale. 20% off and what I can probably get for my G8 would make it almost the same price. Unfortunately, I now have some new bills each month that would equal what this thing would cost. I'm actually kind of sad.

·
Grand Poobah
286 Posts
This is a tough choice for me and I probably need to figure it out this week during the sale. Finally ready to add something to the fleet and it will not be a daily driver, regardless of what I get. Should I:

A) Pull the trigger and get a new 17 SS; or
B) hold out for a super low mile GXP over the next few years and buy another GXP (for the third time).

Price is probably going to be about the same with the current 20% deal. The 2017 SS is a WAY nicer car, but damn I miss driving the GXPs. I'm so confused!

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is a tough choice for me and I probably need to figure it out this week during the sale. Finally ready to add something to the fleet and it will not be a daily driver, regardless of what I get. Should I:

B) hold out for a super low mile GXP over the next few years and buy another GXP (for the third time).

Price is probably going to be about the same with the current 20% deal. The 2017 SS is a WAY nicer car, but damn I miss driving the GXPs. I'm so confused!
Tough choice indeed. I am fortunate enough to have both a 2016 SS and a fairly low mile (8k mills) GXP. The SS is so much more car in terms of magnetic ride, brembos all around, ability to control suspension and steering settings, gps, etc., but the GXP is a one of a kind and has the uniqueness that the SS simply doesn't have in my view. Good luck and I don't think you can go wrong on this one.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
All the Orange Blast 6M's are sold in the 250 mile radius of Chicagoland... was trying to track one down but they are pretty much coming off the truck and already sold. :frown2:

·
Registered
187 Posts
All the Orange Blast 6M's are sold in the 250 mile radius of Chicagoland... was trying to track one down but they are pretty much coming off the truck and already sold. :frown2:
Justin at Terryville Chevy in CT has two Orange and a bunch of other colors on the way and coming in, but likely not until April 1. He will take a deposit and if the 20% isn't extended, he will refund the deposit for forum members. His contact info is below and let him know I sent you his way if you connect with him.

[email protected]
Terryville Chevrolet
860-830-0198 - Cell / Text

·
Premium Member
350 Posts

In six months to a year I might repeat might be of help to you. At this time I have nothing much to offer. SS is an all around better car. The GXP has that one of a kind uniqueness that in my opinion will become more desirable as the years go by. Best of luck in your decision.

That one GXP in your profile looks so dang good.....

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

I really like the SS ALOT, but I wouldn't give up my GXP to get one. I am a diehard Pontiac Man, and having the most powerful factory-built Pontiac ever offered, along with it's more aggressive style, makes it a keeper for me. Now, I do have to admit that the SS is a better car in most ways though, when I put my Pontiac-loyalty aside. The SS is a much more sophisticated car that is better equipped and more modern. Anyone that has been able to purchase an SS for under $45,000 has gotten a good deal on a great car. Anyone that has been able to purchase an SS for under $40,000 has gotten a steal on a great car. I feel that a number of factors will make the GXP more desirable & valuable down the road, but not by much. I'm not hanging onto mine for future value though, I'm hanging onto it because I have never regretted the purchase, even though I had to pay full MSRP of $40,690 to get it.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Here is the update for 3/6/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 12 Automatic - 26
Orange Blast Manual - 47 Automatic - 57
Silver Ice Manual - 15 Automatic - 35
Red Hot 2 Manual - 16 Automatic - 48
Phantom Black Manual - 54 Automatic - 74+
Heron White Manual - 33 Automatic - 66+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 33 Automatic - 60+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 34 Automatic - 65+

That means we are up to a total of 675+ right now. These numbers should change quite a bit over the next 6 days. The main reason is that GM is offering 20% off MSRP on all 2017 SS's until close of business on March 13. This has caused the phones to light up. One of our inbound SS's is sold as a result of this discount, the other likely won't arrive in time. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that should be arriving anyday now at Benicia. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Here is the update for 3/7/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 6 Automatic - 23
Orange Blast Manual - 31 Automatic - 44
Silver Ice Manual - 12 Automatic - 32
Red Hot 2 Manual - 12 Automatic - 38
Phantom Black Manual - 36 Automatic - 68+
Heron White Manual - 13 Automatic - 64+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 19 Automatic - 57+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 21 Automatic - 63+

That means we are up to a total of 539+ right now. That is a drop of nearly 140 cars over the weekend net, but since there are new arrivals in the mix too, I bet there were over 200 SS's delivered over the weekend. The manual transmission cars are disappearing at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1, compared to the automatics. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. The main reason is that GM is offering 20% off MSRP on all 2017 SS's until close of business on March 13. This has caused the phones to light up. One of our inbound SS's is sold as a result of this discount, the other likely won't arrive in time. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that should be arriving anyday now at Benicia. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

41 - 60 of 280 Posts