Regal Peacock Manual - 3 Automatic - 24
Orange Blast Manual - 31 Automatic - 43
Silver Ice Manual - 12 Automatic - 32
Red Hot 2 Manual - 11 Automatic - 38
Phantom Black Manual - 32 Automatic - 69+
Heron White Manual - 10 Automatic - 65+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 18 Automatic - 56+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 19 Automatic - 62+

That means we are up to a total of 525+ right now. There are a number of SS's that are getting dropped off to dealerships (including the Slipstream Blue, Manual, Sunroof & Spare that we got last night, but it is already sold), but they are still selling faster than we can get them. The manual transmission cars are disappearing at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1, compared to the automatics. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. The 20% off MSRP is scheduled to end next Monday at close of business, which leaves only 4 1/2 business days to get one of these cars. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that should be arriving anyday now at Benicia. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
Just curious, has the order deadline passed? Any idea of total 17 SS production?

·
Grand Poobah
286 Posts
Joe -

Can the Supplier discount be applied on top of the 20%?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think order window has closed and you cannot combine the supplier. The 20% is actually made up of two different programs that get you a totally lf 20% off. Check ssforums.com for all Chevy SS info...there is a wealth of info on there.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
It's my understanding that the "factory price reduction" as advertised is supplier pricing. The "rebate"portion is the other part of the equation to equal 20 %.

FACTORY PRICE REDUCTION below MSRP +
Rebate
=
20%

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Just curious, has the order deadline passed? Any idea of total 17 SS production?
The order deadline did pass, but I saw something today that may result in an update next week. No idea about production numbers until after production actually ends in late April (or earlier).

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Joe -

Can the Supplier discount be applied on top of the 20%?
No. They are not stackable. Part of the 20% discount is supplier pricing, with the difference made up as a rebate. Nothing can be stacked with the 20% discount except GM Card Rewards.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Here is the update for 3/9/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 4 Automatic - 24
Orange Blast Manual - 24 Automatic - 39
Silver Ice Manual - 12 Automatic - 33
Red Hot 2 Manual - 11 Automatic - 37
Phantom Black Manual - 25 Automatic - 70+
Heron White Manual - 9 Automatic - 65+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 15 Automatic - 55+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 14 Automatic - 61+

That means we are up to a total of 498+ right now. There are a number of SS's that are getting dropped off to dealerships (including the Slipstream Blue, Manual, Sunroof & Spare that we got on March 7, but it is already sold), but they are still selling faster than we can get them. The manual transmission cars are disappearing at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1, compared to the automatics. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. The 20% off MSRP is scheduled to end next Monday at close of business, which leaves only 3 business days to get one of these cars. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived yesterday at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Here is the update for 3/10/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 4 Automatic - 22
Orange Blast Manual - 19 Automatic - 40
Silver Ice Manual - 11 Automatic - 30
Red Hot 2 Manual - 10 Automatic - 34
Phantom Black Manual - 24 Automatic - 70+
Heron White Manual - 8 Automatic - 64+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 13 Automatic - 54+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 13 Automatic - 59+

That means we are up to a total of 475+ right now. There are a number of SS's that are still getting dropped off to dealerships (including the Slipstream Blue, Manual, Sunroof & Spare that we got on March 7, but it is already sold), but they are still selling faster than we can get them. The manual transmission cars are disappearing at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1, compared to the automatics. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. The 20% off MSRP is scheduled to end next Monday at close of business, which leaves only 3 business days to get one of these cars. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived yesterday at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I tried to go get a blue one that GM said was at a dealership near me but it's not due in until the end of the month and the guy said they can't do the sale if it isn't on the lot already. Not meant to be I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I tried to go get a blue one that GM said was at a dealership near me but it's not due in until the end of the month and the guy said they can't do the sale if it isn't on the lot already. Not meant to be I guess.
Typically the car needs to at least be on a transport truck enroute to the dealership within a very short time for them to be able to do a deal. However, that only works if you are paying cash. If you have to finance, then the lenders require the vehicle to actually be there.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Here is the update for 3/11/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 3 Automatic - 18
Orange Blast Manual - 14 Automatic - 38
Silver Ice Manual - 8 Automatic - 25
Red Hot 2 Manual - 6 Automatic - 31
Phantom Black Manual - 18 Automatic - 70+
Heron White Manual - 7 Automatic - 62+
Slipstream Blue Manual - 9 Automatic - 53+
Nightfall Gray Manual - 8 Automatic - 58+

That means we are down to a total of 428+ right now. There are a number of SS's that are still getting dropped off to dealerships (including the Slipstream Blue, Manual, Sunroof & Spare that we got on March 7, but it is already sold), but they are still selling faster than we can get them in. The manual transmission cars continue to disappear at a rate of 2 or 3 to 1, compared to the automatics. The supply of most colors in manual is now down to less than 10 nationwide. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. The 20% off MSRP is scheduled to end next Monday at close of business, which leaves only 1 1/2 business days to get one of these cars. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived recently at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. It is doubtful that those cars will get out to dealerships in time for this incentive though. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. If you have been looking to buy one for the best possible deal, don't drag your feet. It sounds like this incentive is moving enough cars that I am highly doubtful that it will get extended past March 13.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Here is the update for 3/14/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 0 Automatic - 12
Orange Blast Manual - 1 Automatic - 25
Silver Ice Manual - 1 Automatic - 16
Red Hot 2 Manual - 1 Automatic - 18
Phantom Black Manual - 1 Automatic - 59+
Heron White Manual - 2 Automatic - 43
Slipstream Blue Manual - 0 Automatic - 31
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1 Automatic - 35

That means we are down to a total of 246+ right now. What a difference a day makes! A whole lot of these cars were sold during the 20% off MSRP sale, which is now officially done. The manual transmission cars continued to disappear at a rate of 2 or 3 or more to 1, compared to the automatics. The supply of manuals is now down to less than 10 nationwide. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived recently at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. It had it's desired affect and moved hundreds of SS's off of lots. All that remains now for incentives on 2017 SS are a $1,500 Bonus Tag on Select cars. That depends how many tags each dealer gets, and we'll see in the next few days how many apply. Even with these tags, pricing will be significantly higher for the SS now, and for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Typically the car needs to at least be on a transport truck enroute to the dealership within a very short time for them to be able to do a deal. However, that only works if you are paying cash. If you have to finance, then the lenders require the vehicle to actually be there.
Yeah it makes sense and all, it was just disappointing. Also frustrating because the official inventory locator on chevrolet.com showed the car I wanted and several more were at the dealership, but they're actually all due in the coming weeks.

The SS is a nice car no doubt, but it isn't actually as desirable to me as the G8 was, so I'll get over it. The part that is hardest for me was the sale price and knowing I still have some good value on my G8 right now for trade in. It was basically a no-brainer transaction at the point in time that I missed out on! :surprise:

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Joe,
Any numbers nation wide of the Chevy SS With the 20% off sale...
If you are asking how many sold, my count shows that it was at least 386 cars, but the real count is certainly well over 400. My count is thrown off by the fact that cars were arriving as cars were selling during the sale.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Here is the update for 3/15/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 2 Automatic - 12
Orange Blast Manual - 1 Automatic - 26
Silver Ice Manual - 1 Automatic - 15
Red Hot 2 Manual - 1 Automatic - 19
Phantom Black Manual - 1 Automatic - 59+
Heron White Manual - 2 Automatic - 46
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1 Automatic - 36

That means we are back up to a total of 253+ right now. A whole lot of these cars were sold during the 20% off MSRP sale, which is now officially done. The manual transmission cars continued to disappear at a rate of 2 or 3 or more to 1, compared to the automatics. The supply of manuals is now down to less than 10 nationwide. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and they should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived recently at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. It had it's desired affect and moved hundreds of SS's off of lots. All that remains now for incentives on 2017 SS are a $1,500 Bonus Tag on Select cars. That depends how many tags each dealer gets, and we'll see in the next few days how many apply. Even with these tags, pricing will be significantly higher for the SS now, and for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Here is the update for 3/16/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 2 Automatic - 13
Orange Blast Manual - 1 Automatic - 26
Silver Ice Manual - 1 Automatic - 14
Red Hot 2 Manual - 1 Automatic - 20
Phantom Black Manual - 2 Automatic - 59+
Heron White Manual - 2 Automatic - 47
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1 Automatic - 35

That means we are back up to a total of 255+ right now. A whole lot of these cars were sold during the 20% off MSRP sale, which is now officially done. The manual transmission cars continued to disappear at a rate of 2 or 3 or more to 1, compared to the automatics. The supply of manuals is now down to less than 10 nationwide. This comes as no surprise to me, and I expect this trend to continue. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and they should be getting out nationwide by train. There is also another shipment of them that arrived recently at Benicia. It won't be the last shipment. I never would have bet that 20% Off MSRP would ever have applied to the 2017 SS. It had it's desired affect and moved hundreds of SS's off of lots. All that remains now for incentives on 2017 SS are a $1,500 Bonus Tag on Select cars. That depends how many tags each dealer gets, and we'll see in the next few days how many apply. Even with these tags, pricing will be significantly higher for the SS now, and for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Here is the update for 3/17/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 2(0) Automatic - 13(0)
Orange Blast Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 26(2)
Silver Ice Manual - 2(0) Automatic - 15(1)
Red Hot 2 Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 20(3)
Phantom Black Manual - 3(0) Automatic - 59+(1)
Heron White Manual - 2(2) Automatic - 47(3)
Slipstream Blue Manual - 0(0) Automatic - 30(1)
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 36(3)

That means we are back up to a total of 258+ right now. The number in parenthesis is the number of cars that have the $1,500 Bonus Tag that is effective till March 31. There are only 16 cars nationwide with that tag, so they are hard to come by. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and they should be getting out nationwide by train. Our Orange Blast manual just got on a train on 3/15/17 after sitting for almost 2 months in Benicia. We should have it in 4 weeks or so. If you are interested in this car, drop me a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Here is the update for 3/20/2017

Regal Peacock Manual - 2(0) Automatic - 13(0)
Orange Blast Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 27(2)
Silver Ice Manual - 2(0) Automatic - 15(1)
Red Hot 2 Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 21(3)
Phantom Black Manual - 3(0) Automatic - 59+(1)
Heron White Manual - 4(2) Automatic - 48(4)
Slipstream Blue Manual - 0(0) Automatic - 30(1)
Nightfall Gray Manual - 1(0) Automatic - 38(3)

That means we are back up to a total of 265+ right now. The number in parenthesis is the number of cars that have the $1,500 Bonus Tag that is effective till March 31. There are only 17 cars nationwide with that tag, so they are hard to come by. There are quite a few SS's that have been stacked up at Benicia, and they should be getting out nationwide by train. Our Orange Blast manual got on a train on 3/15/17 after sitting for almost 2 months in Benicia, and was last checked in at North Platte, NE. We should have it in 4 weeks or so. If you are interested in this car, drop me a PM.

61 - 80 of 280 Posts
About this Discussion
279 Replies
32 Participants
matthewg
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing