Pontiac G8 Forum banner

2017 SS Extinction Alert

8K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  bracketracer 
#1 ·
I am going to launch this separate from my other thread that I will use to highlight certain 2017 SS's that are nearly ready to be sold out. Here is the first of many of these to come:

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 6 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 3 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are none left on dealership lots, and only 1 more are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there is only 1 of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 5 on lots, with 2 more coming.

On deck for extinction will be 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission. Right now there are only 15 nationwide. Next up will be Nightfall Gray with manual transmission. Right now there are only 14 of them nationwide. Once they drop into the single digits, I will give more specific updates.

#2 ·
What? You mean they're gonna stop making them? When did this happen?

>:)

#3 ·
LOL! At first I was going to go into educator mode, but then I noticed the Emoji.

Reactions: Zodiac
#7 ·
You are all most welcome! It is certainly a passion, some might have other descriptions for it. I hope all the work encourages some folks to thank me by contacting me when they need to buy their next vehicle. That kind of gratitude is always appreciated ;-)
!

Reactions: benh
#8 ·
Update for 8/8/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 6 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 3 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are none left on dealership lots, and only 1 more are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there is only 1 of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 5 on lots, with 2 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 13 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 4 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There are none left on dealership lots, and only 2 more are coming (both with spare). If you want sunroof with no spare, there are only 4 of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 9 on lots, with 2 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 15 available anywhere in the country (actually 14, because the one we have is sold pending delivery), and there is only 1 more in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There is only 1 on a dealership lot, and only 1 more coming (both have spare). If you want a sunroof with no spare, there is only 1 of them left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 13 on lots (12 not counting ours), and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (22 now) and Herron White (27 now).

#9 ·
Update for 8/18/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 5 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 3 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There is only 1 left on dealership lots, and only 1 more are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are none of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 4 on lots, with 2 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 14 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 3 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There are none left on dealership lots, and only 2 more are coming (both with spare). If you want sunroof with no spare, there are only 4 of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 10 on lots, with 1 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 15 available anywhere in the country (actually 14, because the one we have is sold pending delivery), and there are NO MORE in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 3 on a dealership lot, and NO MORE coming. If you want a sunroof with no spare, there is only 1 of them left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 11 on lots (10 not counting ours), and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (24 now) and Herron White (25 now).

#10 ·
I decided to do a search yesterday for SS's left like I would have wanted to buy in the country (if I had won the Powerball jackpot, LOL). I prefer my cars with a manual transmission and no sunroof. Even though there were 693+ SS's nationwide, there were ONLY 19, that had manuals with no sunroof. I also prefer to have a spare tire with my cars because I like to get out and drive them. When I narrowed that field of 19 cars down to ones with spare, the search dropped to ONLY 12 nationwide. If you have specific requirements for your car, and you intend to buy a 2017 Chevrolet SS, you probably need to get the ball rolling. All of the SS's produced seem to have arrived on our shores now, and they are steadily getting out to their dealerships. I suspect that numbers will bounce along like this for a short time longer and then they will steadily drop.

#11 ·
Update for 8/30/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 6 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 2 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There is only 1 left on dealership lots, and only 1 more are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are none of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 5 on lots, with 1 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 11 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 2 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There are only 4 left on dealership lots, and only 2 more are coming (both with spare). If you want sunroof with no spare, there are none of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 7 on lots, with no more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 12 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 3 on a dealership lot, and NO MORE coming (1 without spare, 2 with spare). If you want a sunroof with no spare, there are none of them left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 9 on lots, and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (22 now) and Herron White (23 now).

#12 ·
Update for 9/5/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 5 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 2 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There is only 1 left on dealership lots, and only 1 more are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are none of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 4 on lots, with 1 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 11 available anywhere in the country, and there are only 2 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There is only 1 left on dealership lots, and only 2 more are coming (both with spare). If you want sunroof with no spare, there are 4 of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 6 on lots, with no more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 11 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 3 on a dealership lot, and NO MORE coming (1 without spare, 2 with spare). If you want a sunroof with no spare, there are none of them left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 8 on lots, and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (21 now), Herron White (22 now), and Orange Blast (20 now). Phantom Black is the most "available of colors with manual (there are 44 now), and Slipstream Blue is next (there are 39 now).

#13 ·
Update for 9/22/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 6 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 2 left on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are none of them on dealership lots, and no more coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 4 on lots, with NO MORE coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 10 available anywhere in the country, and there is only 1 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There are only 2 left on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are 3 of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 5 on lots, with no more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 10 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 2 on a dealership lot, and NO MORE coming (1 without spare, 1 with spare). If you want a sunroof with no spare, there are NO MORE left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 8 on lots, and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (20 now), Herron White (20 now), and Orange Blast (17 now). Phantom Black is the most "available of colors with manual (there are 37 now), and Slipstream Blue is next (there are 32 now).

#15 ·
If I had some "discretionary funds" and more space, I would've loved to have bought an Orange Blast, Manual, No Sunroof, with Spare. Since I am J F Morgan, and not J P Morgan, I will continue to enjoy what I have, LOL!

Reactions: Zodiac
#16 ·
Update for 9/28/2017

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Silver Ice with manual transmission, your time is almost up! Right now there are only 5 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 2 left on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are NO MORE of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 3 on lots, with NO MORE coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Nightfall Gray with manual transmission, your time is coming to an end as well. Right now there are only 10 available anywhere in the country, and there is only 1 more that have been shipped from Australia. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, I have some bad news. There are only 2 left on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want sunroof with no spare, there are 3 of them on dealership lots, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 5 on lots, with 1 more coming.

If you want to buy a 2017 SS in Regal Peacock with manual transmission, you really need to act. Since this color was cancelled by GM prior to the end of production, it is the hardest color to get. Right now there are only 10 available anywhere in the country, and there are NO MORE in transit. If you want one of these cars without a sunroof, good luck. There are only 2 on a dealership lot, and NO MORE coming (1 without spare, 1 with spare). If you want a sunroof with no spare, there are NO MORE left on dealership lot, and NO MORE are coming. If you want both sunroof & spare, there are 8 on lots, and NO MORE are coming.

Next two colors "on deck" are Red Hot (21 now), Herron White (17 now), and Orange Blast (17 now). Phantom Black is the most "available of colors with manual (there are 34 now), and Slipstream Blue is next (there are 29 now).

#20 ·
Update for 10/6/2017

The numbers keep dropping!

Silver Ice Manuals are down to only 3 nationwide. 2 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare.

Nightfall Gray Manuals are down to only 8 nationwide. 5 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare

Regal Peacock Manuals are down to only 9 nationwide. 8 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & No Spare.

Other numbers are dwindling for manuals too: Heron White (16), Orange Blast (17), Red Hot (21), Slipstream Blue (31) & Phantom Black (32)

As for Automatic cars, there is only 1 color that is getting on the radar, and that is Regal Peacock. There are only 23 Automatics left nationwide in that color. Next up are Silver Ice (68) & Red Hot (70).

Get 'em while you can folks, because it looks like all built 2017 SS's have now arrived at their dealerships!

#21 ·
Update for 10/21/2017

Silver Ice Manuals are down to only 3 nationwide. 2 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare.

Nightfall Gray Manuals are down to only 8 nationwide. 5 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare

Regal Peacock Manuals are down to only 8 nationwide. 7 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & No Spare.

Orange Blast Manuals are down to 13 nationwide, 11 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare.

Other numbers are dwindling for manuals too: Heron White (15), Red Hot (18), Slipstream Blue (29) & Phantom Black (27)

As for Automatic cars, there is only 1 color that is getting on the radar, and that is Regal Peacock. There are only 26 Automatics left nationwide in that color. Next up are Silver Ice (67) & Red Hot (64).

Get 'em while you can folks, because it looks like all built 2017 SS's have now arrived at their dealerships!

#22 ·
Update for 10/24/2017

Nightfall Gray Manuals are down to only 7 nationwide. 4 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare

Regal Peacock Manuals are down to only 7 nationwide. All 7 of those have Sunroof & Spare

Orange Blast Manuals are down to 12 nationwide. 10 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare.

Heron White Manuals are down to 13 nationwide. 8 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 3 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & No Spare

Other numbers are dwindling for manuals too: Red Hot (16), Slipstream Blue (29) & Phantom Black (26)

As for Automatic cars, there is only 1 color that is getting on the radar, and that is Regal Peacock. There are only 25 Automatics left nationwide in that color. Next up are Silver Ice (66) & Red Hot (64).

#28 ·
GM officially launched 20% off MSRP on all remaining 2017 SS's this morning. I have been saying since March that it was unlikely to return, but if it did it would be late in the year. November is pretty late! As of close of business yesterday, there appear to be 733+ 2017 SS's nationwide, with 17 more in transit to their dealerships. There were only 104 Manuals, and 629+ Automatics. I am VERY confident that this 20% off MSRP will make those manual transmission cars disappear VERY QUICKLY! It is also likely to clear out most of the automatics. If you want to buy a new 2017 SS, you better act right away.

#29 ·
Update for 11/4/2017

The numbers keep dropping even more quickly now with 20% off MSRP! I won't be surprised to see ALL MANUALS GONE by end of November now.

Silver Ice Manuals are down to only 1 nationwide. It has No Sunroof & Spare & is in Terryville, CT. (If not sold already)

Nightfall Gray Manuals are down to only 5 nationwide. 3 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare.

Regal Peacock Manuals are down to only 5 nationwide. All 5 of those have Sunroof & Spare & 3 are in Terryville, CT. (If not sold already)

Orange Blast Manuals are down to 9 nationwide. 8 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of the Sunroof & Spare cars is in the Courtesy Transportation Program & not eligible for 20% off MSRP, or even to be sold yet.

Heron White Manuals are down to 11 nationwide. 8 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & No Spare

Red Hot Manuals are down to 11 nationwide. 8 of those have Sunroof & Spare. 2 of those have Sunroof & No Spare. 1 of those has No Sunroof & No Spare.

Other numbers are dwindling for manuals too: Slipstream Blue (25) & Phantom Black (20)

As for Automatic cars, there is only 1 color that is getting on the radar, and that is Regal Peacock. There are only 23 Automatics left nationwide in that color. Next up are Silver Ice (57) & Red Hot (60).

Get 'em while you can folks, because it looks like nearly all built 2017 SS's have now arrived at their dealerships!

#31 ·
What a difference a few days makes! As I expected, cars was going to fly off the lots with this 20% off Sale. As of 11/7/2017, there are only 30 New 2017 SS's left with Manual Transmission. I suspect that the number is even lower, because many of these cars are already sold awaiting delivery. Here is the scoop though:

Regal Peacock - 2 - Both with Sunroof & Spare

Orange Blast - 3 - All with Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those cars is in the Courtesy Transportation Program & not available for immediate purchase

Silver Ice - ALL GONE!!!

Red Hot - 6 - 4 with Sunroof & Spare. 2 with Sunroof & No Spare

Phantom Black - 4 - 3 with Sunroof & Spare. 1 with Sunroof & No Spare

Heron White - 2 - 1 with Sunroof & Spare. 1 with No Sunroof & No Spare

Slipstream Blue - 11 - All with Sunroof & Spare

Nightfall Gray - 2 - 1 with Sunroof & Spare. 1 with Sunroof & No Spare.

Since 57 of these cars sold in the last 7 days, I will be very surprised to see many if any of these cars left by the beginning of next week.

#32 ·
What a difference a few days makes! As I expected, cars was going to fly off the lots with this 20% off Sale. As of 11/10/2017, there are only 18 New 2017 SS's left with Manual Transmission. I suspect that the number is even lower, because many of these cars are already sold awaiting delivery. I have begun to get reports that all of the manuals that I will list below are already sold with deposits, but I can't confirm that yet. Here is the scoop though:

Regal Peacock - 1 - With Sunroof & Spare

Orange Blast - 2 - Both with Sunroof & Spare. 1 of those cars is in the Courtesy Transportation Program & not available for immediate purchase

Silver Ice - ALL GONE!!!

Red Hot - 6 - 4 with Sunroof & Spare. 2 with Sunroof & No Spare

Phantom Black - 3 - All with Sunroof & Spare

Heron White - 2 - 1 with Sunroof & Spare. 1 with No Sunroof & No Spare

Slipstream Blue - 4 - All with Sunroof & Spare

Nightfall Gray - ALL GONE!!

Since 86 of these cars sold in the last 10 days, the pattern of manuals selling out WAY before automatics that I predicted has proven true.

As for automatics, some of those are getting scarce too. Here is the rundown for the rarest ones:

Regal Peacock - 13
Silver Ice -33
Red Hot - 44
Nightfall Gray - 50

#33 ·
There are now less than 47 SS's nationwide remaining, so they are all nearly extinct now!

#34 ·
Is the 20% off still active? New car dealer listings don't seem to reflect it, and my G8 was officially declared a total loss today so NOW I'm in the market. Preferably an A6 without a sunroof.

#35 ·
I am very sorry to hear that your car was declared totaled. Unfortunately, the 20% off MSRP sale ended on 11/30/2017. In addition, there are now only 37 new 2017 SS's left nationwide. If you are trying to buy an SS for close to $40K, your best bet would likely be to try to find a low mileage Certified Pre-Owned one. If you want new, then there are VERY few to choose from, and you can expect to pay over $45K for one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

#36 ·
Regal Peacock is officially the first color of 2017 SS to "go extinct". There are none left nationwide. Orange Blast, Red Hot & Nightfall Gray are close behind with only 2 left nationwide. There are only 37 total new ones remaining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.