Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal:

I've got my search narrowed down to three GT's. Each is coming in at around $23K. I need your help deciding which one to go with and if you think its a good deal. (All are in great condition, one owner)

1) 2008 w/ 22,257 mi. - Panther Black/Onyx - Premium Package

2) 2009 w/ 27,243 mi. - Magnetic Gray/Onyx - Premium and Sport Package

3) 2009 w/ 38,135 mi. - Panther Black/Onyx & Red - Premium w/ Moon Roof and certified preowned (extended warranty to 4 yr./48K mi. and 2 yrs. free maintenance)

·
Registered
61 Posts
My vote is for #2
I'm partial to the MGM and the sport 19" wheels.
Depending on when it was purchased in 09 you can get a GMPP major guard warranty for added coverage

·
every village has one
2,121 Posts
Drop number one.

Tough choice between 2 and 3. All things considered, the warranty isn't a bad thing to have. You'll know better after you've driven both of them.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Number 3

·
Registered
514 Posts
Number 2 and ask if they have replaced any of the control arms. Tell them you will buy it if they swap out the LCA's because if they havent there is a good chance they might go soon.

The prices on these really dropped since last summer. These same cars were listed for around 26-27k last summer when I was searching.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm leaning towards #2. I like the sport package and lower miles. I'm indifferent toward a moonroof but I really like the red and black leather and warranty of #3. The salesman for #3 is really trying to get me in so if he comes in w a lower price it might be hard to say no. The tough part is that #2 is 120 miles north of me and #3 is 70 miles south of me.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
2 is really nice w/ the sport package. 3 is a good deal too tho, you can always swap out other rims and keep the 18's for a set of snow tires. Find out if either of the 09's are 09.5 and have bluetooth.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does #2 have any warranty left or has the time ran out? I would lean toward #3 becasue of the roof and at least some warranty incase there are any issues once you get the car. I think the value of the roof and the warranty offsets the extra miles.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
#3. The sport package is overrated IMHO and I've got it! Nice to have that warranty. Black looks much better than the gray to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the votes guys, so far it's 6 votes for #2 and 4 votes for #3. The KBB/NADA value on both is almost equal, so it really comes down to which is a better value and a lower price. I'm really torn between the two b/c I like the idea of having the 19" sport wheels so that I only need to buy a set of winter wheels and I'll be set w/ nice summer wheels already and lower miles. On the flip side, black w/ red/onyx interior is super sexy and the waranty will be really nice if I need it. I don't particularly want to purchase an extended one if I don't have to. Both cars are already over the budget my wife wants me to spend so it's still going to be a tough...

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are ocd, stay away from the black, but if you want to put in the work to keeping black paint nice go for #3

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know from first hand experience that black is a pain in the rear end to keep clean, but is so worth it if you keep it garaged and clean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know first hand how hard it is to keep a black car clean as well. I currently drive a black, '05 Mercury Montego (for sale! :wink2:). I've owned 8 cars in the last 12 years and 5 of them were black! (Maybe I should try something different and get the MGM?!)

Thankfully, I have a garage. Sadly, I live in MN and have to use my new car year 'round. Winter here is a PIA for keeping a black car looking black. The salt and slush is TERRIBLE. Thanks for the help guys!

Now who wants to help convince the Mrs. to spring for it? :shiner:

·
Registered
861 Posts
MGM is only slightly better to keep clean than black! Good luck with your choices. Really, you can't go wrong with either 1, 2, or 3. Don't let an '08 scare you as well. Although the G8 came out in '08, and was only produced 3 months before the '09s came out, Holden produced the car for two years, so most of the bugs had been worked out by the time the car was first exported to the US.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I know first hand how hard it is to keep a black car clean as well. I currently drive a black, '05 Mercury Montego (for sale! :wink2:). I've owned 8 cars in the last 12 years and 5 of them were black! (Maybe I should try something different and get the MGM?!)

Thankfully, I have a garage. Sadly, I live in MN and have to use my new car year 'round. Winter here is a PIA for keeping a black car looking black. The salt and slush is TERRIBLE. Thanks for the help guys!

Now who wants to help convince the Mrs. to spring for it? :shiner:
Get a few glasses of whine in her first....or hard liquor if that works better! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
18 Participants
cgge2006
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing