Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
They'll fit. Speedometer will be off a bit though(3.6% too slow). With your speedo at 60mph you'll actually be going 62.2mph.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whew, thanks guys I was worried as I calculated they would fit, but another poster said they would not

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my 245/45 19's Bridgestone Potenza S-04s installed Thursday. Costco would mount the tires on my rims but not to the car as the size difference between OEM and 245/45 19 is greater than a 3% size difference my review thus far;

Tires themselves;

• These tires are very sticky and for a performance tire quiet.
  • Bite off the line is excellent.
  • Wet weather performance has been great, caveat to only one rain storm.
  • What I appreciate most is the stiff sidewall allowing very little deflection under hard cornering. My prior tire Conti DSW’s tended to deflect some if pushed hard from a stop.

Tire Size;

• These tires are significantly taller than 245/40's, they eliminate the additional space between tire and wheel well - pics in the morning.
  • They look massive on my car - pics in the morning.
  • I don't think the car sits too high but there is a definite height increase.
  • Now for the bad, the car rides HARD! I am not damning this tire size, but the hard ride could be attributed to the increased circumference not allowing the suspension to travel fully. I am also running FE3's coming off winter tires, and I am not sure if the problem is struts or tires, more to follow on this.
  • Turn in and steering response feel faster and a little lighter, it took me two days to adjust, but I am enjoying the faster steering response.
  • Braking - no noticeable difference.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE

Stupid tire tech overinflated my tires, they were at 40 front and 40 rear, I have taken the pressure down to 35/38 and the ride is much better, I have noticed a slight decrease in fuel economy but besides that I am pleased with this setup - pictures to follow once I clean her this weekend.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE

Stupid tire tech overinflated my tires, they were at 40 front and 40 rear, I have taken the pressure down to 35/38 and the ride is much better, I have noticed a slight decrease in fuel economy but besides that I am pleased with this setup - pictures to follow once I clean her this weekend.
PICS Added

Attachments

·
Drives with wolves
900 Posts
Nice, cheaper than lowering :secret:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wouldn't call those bad looking at all. I am getting new tires tomorrow and am going for the 255/40/19 as my choice. Will be in between the stock sidewall height and what these pics show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts