Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
It has a branded title. Doesn't say what happened to it and no carfax/autocheck on the site.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i'm sure whatever happened to it had to do with the rear end since the badges are all messed up back there and it's a GT rear bumper

·
Registered
112 Posts
Might be some value there depending on how bad the accident was. If all damage was to the rear end and the suspension is good may be a good buy for someone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought this car roughly a year ago (right about the time I joined this site) and turned around and sold it about 6 months later. The accident happened well before I picked it up but you guys are correct that it was a rear-end accident. The repairs that had been done were pretty poor but I got it for a lot better price than what theyre asking now. I ended up replacing the exhaust system and heat shields, a bunch of miscellaneous clips and fasteners as well as all the speakers. It had a few little quirks and the exterior was a little beat up but overall it was a pretty solid car and I wish I had kept it. Personally, I think 24k is pretty steep considering the branded title but if anyone is interested I'd be glad to email them what information I have on the car.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The car has also bounced around between 5 owners

·
future G8 owner
10 Posts
I live just outside Salt Lake City and I'm looking for a GT or GXP and I looked at this car tonight. It's at Autosource, a dealer that "specializes" in branded title vehicles. The dealer was closed and it was dark out. The car looks to be so-so. Paint needs some TLC. (felt like sand paper and lots of swirls). Interior looks okay. At a glance I thought I saw Solo exhaust. It's got low miles. Could be a decent vehicle for someone if they weren't worried about resale or didn't car that it has a branded title. From the reviews I've read about the dealer, they seem to be somewhat dishonest about their vehicles. I've got a neighbor that actually bought a car from them. Anyway, hope that helped.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have never seen a GXP in the flesh. Are the engines in the GT and the GXP really that similar looking ? The engine in the pictures looks exactly like the one in my car. I thought the one in the GXP looked more like the one in the Vette. That interior... Ugh !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live just outside Salt Lake City and I'm looking for a GT or GXP and I looked at this car tonight. It's at Autosource, a dealer that "specializes" in branded title vehicles. The dealer was closed and it was dark out. The car looks to be so-so. Paint needs some TLC. (felt like sand paper and lots of swirls). Interior looks okay. At a glance I thought I saw Solo exhaust. It's got low miles. Could be a decent vehicle for someone if they weren't worried about resale or didn't car that it has a branded title. From the reviews I've read about the dealer, they seem to be somewhat dishonest about their vehicles. I've got a neighbor that actually bought a car from them. Anyway, hope that helped.
It is a Solo exhaust. I installed their new axle back system on this car in November of 2012.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought this car roughly a year ago (right about the time I joined this site) and turned around and sold it about 6 months later. The accident happened well before I picked it up but you guys are correct that it was a rear-end accident. The repairs that had been done were pretty poor but I got it for a lot better price than what theyre asking now. I ended up replacing the exhaust system and heat shields, a bunch of miscellaneous clips and fasteners as well as all the speakers. It had a few little quirks and the exterior was a little beat up but overall it was a pretty solid car and I wish I had kept it. Personally, I think 24k is pretty steep considering the branded title but if anyone is interested I'd be glad to email them what information I have on the car.
A couple questions for you...

Did they do a good job with the color matching on the damaged panels and are there any dents?

Was there damage to the suspension/does it ride like a GXP should?

You said you wished you had kept it...why didn't you and would you buy it back if you could?

I am thinking of putting a low ball offer in on the car or seeing if they would trade my clean titled V6 even up. One can dream right!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
A couple questions for you...

Did they do a good job with the color matching on the damaged panels and are there any dents?

Was there damage to the suspension/does it ride like a GXP should?

You said you wished you had kept it...why didn't you and would you buy it back if you could?

I am thinking of putting a low ball offer in on the car or seeing if they would trade my clean titled V6 even up. One can dream right!!!
Ha, yeah they'll probably tell you to dream on! It won't happen if you don't ask though.

The color matching looks good 95% of the time. In direct sunlight if you get up to it really close you can see that the paint is pretty thin, especially on the C pillars where they tried to blend it back into the rest of the car.

There were a few tiny dings here and there and one good sized dent right in the center of the rear bumber that's about the size of a baseball or so. The girl I bought it from said she'd backed into a sign post at Wal-mart. Looks like that dent is still there from the pictures.

The drivetrain and suspension felt as good as new- from that perspective you couldn't tell the car had been affected by the accident.

I sold it because it was a 3rd fun car and money was tight at the time. My situation has changed since then and I could make it work now without any issues so I wish I would have hung on to it. I would consider buying it again but not anywhere near the price they have it posted for.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
GoodJ
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing