1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9 Posts
problem is when they come in at a dealer they dont want to budge on the price because they were only made for 2 years and now pontiac is gone.. so the value is still up there. and the factory bumper to bumper may be up by now... i believe my friend bought his new it was a black 09 gt sport premium with all the gm rebates at the time for $27,100... i just picked one up with 15k on it for $25,500 09 gt sport premium really clean... just to give you an idea... and all the dealers in my area would not budge more then 200 on the price so i drove out of state

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am looking in a 600 mile circle at different G8s. A White, Black or MSM exterior and all black interior (sport/premium packge) is what I want below 35K miles. So, the search continues. They wouldnt budge under $25,300. :(

·
Registered
586 Posts
Blue book it out and see if their asking price is within reason, assuming you have already done that and the car is PERFECT for you, jump on it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I picked mine up 4/28/12. 24, 700 on the odometer. I ended up with 25K out the door tax title and tags. Just throwing that out there. There was a black one right here in town listed for 23,500 (Private Owner with Magnaflow Axle Backs and I think a K&N CAI) with 33K on the odometer... It sold through AutoTrader in less than 24hrs. I agree with Fuzion, If its PERFECT for you then jump on it! Good luck!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I saw an '09 red GT non-sport at a local Lincoln dealer's lot a few weeks ago. Car had about 18,000 miles and was going for $24,500. Sold within a day or two. So if you see something you like at a reasonable price, you should act quickly.

·
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how
735 Posts
I saw an '09 red GT non-sport at a local Lincoln dealer's lot a few weeks ago. Car had about 18,000 miles and was going for $24,500. Sold within a day or two. So if you see something you like at a reasonable price, you should act quickly.
This. A local dealership has had three GT's pop up in recent months for about $25,000 and both were snatched up within a week. One was grey and two were white, two normals and one of the whites was a sport package. Reasonable mileage on them, they looked like end-of-lease cars.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I stay in Kansas, the Taxes are ridiculous. 9.x% so I would prefer to spend $25 total including TTL. Not $25+ TTL. I'll keep looking. Memorial Day weekend would be the best time for me to pick one up since I have to drive 10+ hours to snatch it. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey 768, I work 5 min away from this dealership. Looked at them before I bought my LR 3 weeks ago. I went to Wisconsin to get mine, 2008 with 25,000 miles for $23,490. There are 2 silver ones at this dealership. 27,722 for $25,377 (certified) and 23,978 for $25,977
The one for $25,377 has 2 cracks on the front lip, fyi.
I can take some pics and send to you if you would like.
Dustin

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey 768, I work 5 min away from this dealership. Looked at them before I bought my LR 3 weeks ago. I went to Wisconsin to get mine, 2008 with 25,000 miles for $23,490. There are 2 silver ones at this dealership. 27,722 for $25,377 (certified) and 23,978 for $25,977
The one for $25,377 has 2 cracks on the front lip, fyi.
I can take some pics and send to you if you would like.
Dustin
Bro, that would be awesome. It would give me some leverage on the price since I cant be there in person to check them both out. Thanks!
Could you also take in account for the "occuring" problems (strut tower bushings, belt tensioner, etc.)

Thanks again,
Philip

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
problem is when they come in at a dealer they dont want to budge on the price because they were only made for 2 years and now pontiac is gone.. so the value is still up there. and the factory bumper to bumper may be up by now... i believe my friend bought his new it was a black 09 gt sport premium with all the gm rebates at the time for $27,100... i just picked one up with 15k on it for $25,500 09 gt sport premium really clean... just to give you an idea... and all the dealers in my area would not budge more then 200 on the price so i drove out of state
I had a similar expierience. Non GM dealer, late 09 (6 mos. left on warr.) loaded GT w/ new tires and 16k miles asking $27.8. They moved down to $25.5k I thought it was still high though. Seemed like there were a few others out there that I could have gotten for about $24. Made me wish I went for it during the rebate period at the end of 2009. But heck, you'll forget about all that $$ when you feel the torque. Best o luck!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FOUND IT! 2009 MGM G8 GT, sport/premium, 23K miles for $24K!! Going to pick it up next week. Cant wait. Patience....sucks. ha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
soon2BG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing