·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Gonna rub the rear.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where on the fender lip? thats a non issue... what about the front?

they are just replica camaro wheels.my other option is a 265/35R20 but thats a bit taller.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Your car come without fender lips? Regardless if it did or not, it will rub a stock rear lip and possibly the bumper bracket.

As for the front, can't help you there. Never tried a 285 up front. I have 18x9+42 up front and have about 3mm of clearance from the strut with a 275. So, with 20x9 +35 and 285 tire, you'd be in about the same ball park on inner clearance.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
inner lip of the wheel is the exact same as the stock 19x8's so the inner should have zero issues, its the outer im worried about. where is the bumper bracket at? I would roll the lips if they were in the way.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i'll end up with some 265/35R20 BFG KDW's then... slight lift ftl tho

·
Registered
82 Posts
inner lip of the wheel is the exact same as the stock 19x8's so the inner should have zero issues, its the outer im worried about. where is the bumper bracket at? I would roll the lips if they were in the way.
Raw was refering to the fender lip,not wheel lip. A 265 35 20+35 is going to stick out almost an inch more than stock. No issues on the inside.Will most likely rub if lowered or with extra weight. Most run +45to+50 for wider rear tires/wheels

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know they will... on purpose... so are you guys just against a stock camaro wheel or something lol thats all these are.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not really. I think they look better on a G8 than a camero. However,I dont care for the sizing or weight.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. I was gonna buy the replicas from discount tire and they are 20x9 +35

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I think you can find OEM cheaper than the replica's on Camaro5 Forum.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just over 700 for a full set of new 20x9s vs 650-800 +shipping for some curbed up 8's and 9's

i had one guy down to 400 picked up by they were black and after stripping and powdercoating i was going to have 850 in the set...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The replicas i have are the same 20x9 +40et I think you need to talk to some one with more knowledge at your discount tire... And I run the 285/30 out back and 255/30 front very rarely rub

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
just over 700 for a full set of new 20x9s vs 650-800 +shipping for some curbed up 8's and 9's

i had one guy down to 400 picked up by they were black and after stripping and powdercoating i was going to have 850 in the set...
650-800 + shipping for OE, you're not shopping very hard.

LOL, if you want new though, Reps are your best bet.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for a set that isnt curbed up, thats about the price when i looked on Camaro5, LS1Tech and a few other sites.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
the factoryrepoduction 20 x 9 are et 40 and are around $700
So different brand, different offsets. That settled. 20x9 35 do rub with 275/35 tires. I can tell you that for sure, check my sig. The 265's will help your cause a little but as said before, I see a fender roll and bracket trim in order. I'm rolled and I still rub. I'm doing some grinding this weekend to hopefully clear once and for all. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts