Pontiac G8 Forum banner

3.45 LSD coupler issue

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  thefunny25 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So I just picked up a 3.45 diff for my V6 and had a question regarding the coupler. I have done some research on. it but haven’t found any positive solution to my problem. Right now the rubber coupler doesn’t mate to the yoke on the 3.45 diff. Do I need to swap yokes? Do I need to get the bigger coupler? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the video. Yah I saw this video but was hoping that maybe someone had another solution to this problem. But from what I have seen and read it seems like this might be my only option.

#4 ·
I'm not familiar with the V6 differential but I did the swap a few weeks ago with my V8 and the coupler had 3 little lips on one side where the bolts go in the differential. I had to lightly hammer them back in so there was no gap. I guess if yours has no way of fitting correctly I bet getting a stock g8 gt rubber coupler would be cheapest and easiest.

#5 ·
Are the driveshaft bolt pattern the same on the V6 as is the V8 driveshaft? I just called a local shop and said they would swap them over for $115.

#6 ·
Judging by the video it looks the same. I can't guarantee though. Just doing a quick search pulled up that the coupler costs about the same as your shop quoted for the swap.

#7 ·
I have decided I am just going to do it myself. My boss was cool with me using his shop and tools so I'm just going to give'er a go on friday and see if I can get them switched around.

#8 ·
Hey guys! I just swapped a GT 2.92 diff into my V6. I had the exact same issue, it seems they are slightly (I mean 1-2mm) different or the couple shrunk a bit.

I was able to use a punch to line the edge of the rubber coupler bolt sleeve up with the shaft and I used a c clamp to force the sleeve into the flange. A little persuading the bolts and you're in... I've had it on like that for a month now and no issues.

Hope this helps, I know swapping the yokes definatly works though. I just assumed the GT was a direct swap which I didn't realize until the bitch was in with the arms back on it haha.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.