Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've been looking around to see if 3.5 inch DUAL tips (like the factory tips) will fit into my GT diffuser. I've heard lots of yes's and lots of no's, and no one seems to be able to say. If not, what are the biggest sized tips that will fit in it if I want to stick with dual-tips?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
The dual 3.5" tips will fit in a GT diffuser, but they will be extremely close to the diffuser and will melt your GT diffuser. That's why most go with the GXP diffuser for the 3.5" tips. I've seen others fit dual 4" tips in the GXP diffuser also.

·
every village has one
2,377 Posts
Buy the GXP rear diffuser= problem solved. You will melt the stocker.
Added bonus is you won't have to clean that hideous honeycomb anymore.
Greg at Pace Performance will solve your problems.

·
Registered
371 Posts
GXp diffuser is win. Its not that expensive, very quick and easy install and makes the rear side of the car look 10x better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
3.5 will definitely fit withOUT melting. I ran them for 6 months without issues before I switched to the GXP diffuser for easier cleaning. You just have to have them adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that if you own a 2009.5 GT the diffuser opening for the exhaust tips are a little wider than the 08 and 2009.1 GT's. You may be able to use 3.5 tips.

Perhaps someone can confirm.

Regards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that if you own a 2009.5 GT the diffuser opening for the exhaust tips are a little wider than the 08 and 2009.1 GT's. You may be able to use 3.5 tips.

Perhaps someone can confirm.

Regards.
The opening on the diffuser is the same on the 09.5, but if you switch to the gxp diffuser you don't have to trim the bumper like the 08-09. Cause the bumper is the same for gxp and gt for 09.5

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have had 3.5" tips on my gt for 2 years no melting issues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No problem...I'm really itching for some new tips but gonna hold off till I get a gxp diffuser, stuck on the 4" a local guy sells on eBay or the slps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts