Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right folks, just got word from my gear supplier that 3.90's and 4.11's are now available :)
The gears are made by Motive gear.
I'll get them up on our web site asap.

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Now your talkin...........

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Someone care to elaborate? I'm a geartard

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
better acceleration ratio for the 1/4 mile. Side effect is higher RPM's at highway speeds which means slightly less gas mileage.

Stock G8 GT is 2.92 iirc.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I steer clear of Motive gears; coming from the Mustang world, I have my reasons. They chip and will howl no matter how they're adjusted especially gears shorter than 3.90.

But these could be different. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow, I was hesitant of going with the 3.45's and was probably going to get the 3.27's. Wouldn't these just be to much or is it never to much? I don't ever plan on getting a supercharger, just a cam/stall combo this spring.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, I was hesitant of going with the 3.45's and was probably going to get the 3.27's. Wouldn't these just be to much or is it never to much? I don't ever plan on getting a supercharger, just a cam/stall combo this spring.
Depends on your definition of to much:D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
what is the pricing on these?

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I think you are on the right track. Imo these would be way too much gear for anything that sees street time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts