Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting at a light headed to dinner the other night, and wasn't even paying attention to the car next to me, had been talking w my wife and not really in the mood to play...it was a Nissan 350Z, red. He gassed it and I saw him pull away...so I stomped it and caught and passed him at around 55mph...let off bc it was in the city. I guess he saw me and wanted to see what I had. Even though he got the jump bc I wasn't even thinking about racing (or even saw him), I pulled hard on him. Nice win even from a disadvantage.

Btw, wtf is with all these stupid looking, camber wheeled ricers? My God they are terrible. I have killed more than a few in the past weeks. It is bad enough to be a ricer, but now throwing on wheels/tires that are practically sideways, it just sends me over the edge...man I am getting old.

·
Registered
536 Posts
good kill..eat some rice :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good kill man, I love Foxbat's statement, "Eat some rice" lol very funny. I ate a red 350z alive a year back, with two other passengers in my car. I was stock... The funny part is his girlfriend looked over at me with this "WTF" expression on her face as I passed by. Her man got owned. lol....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ive been trying to figure out the same thing. they take a skinny tire, that would fit their car, but then they stretch the **** out of it so itll fit on a really wide rim, so now it DOESN'T fit their car, so they camber it way back in, so it wont rub the fender.

They call it being "stanced" and it makes no sense to me.

It gives them like a, 2 inch tread pattern on the rear, which I guess is the same as us putting skinnies up front, lol. Except for when they do it to RWD ricers

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Don't you know having your wheels sitting at a 45 degree angle is all the rage these days? Its done for looks not handling or traction and they don't are they're destroying their tires.

Never the less good come from the rear kill.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
45 degree slanted wheels are only cool when they are neon in color with spinners and 6" diameter rotors behind 15" rims.

/sarcasm.

Good kill.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Btw, wtf is with all these stupid looking, camber wheeled ricers? My God they are terrible. I have killed more than a few in the past weeks. It is bad enough to be a ricer, but now throwing on wheels/tires that are practically sideways, it just sends me over the edge...man I am getting old.

I was checking out some vids on youtube because it's been huge over in Japan for a while now and I'm talking about camber to the extreme. I knew it would hit the states at some point.

Good kill though!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good job OP. Too bad the Z needs turbos to get anywhere. My friend was lookin at one two weeks ago, thing had boltons plus cam work and was dynoed at 350. They are light though..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just because he caught you off guard doesn't mean you had to kill him!!!

Good thing this is a car forum or that title would have a very different meaning.

Nice kill :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Leadfoot
513 Posts
Nice win! Back a few years ago my buddy raced my G8 in his 350Z. We went from a dead stop up to about 100. I overtook him right away and just demolished him :)

I remember seeing him slack-jawed after the race at how fast I blew him away lol

I should post up my video of the GT-R I raced.....now THAT was a loss worth losing heh

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Nice kill, OP.

45 degree slanted wheels are only cool when they are neon in color with spinners and 6" diameter rotors behind 15" rims.
LOLZ! Perfect.

The massive amounts of negative camber will be great when the guy hits a turn with his car 45° to the ground... until then, it's just a quick way to burn through a set of tires, rub the hell out of your fenders, and have a bone-jarring ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.