Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Mr "SRT4ME"... You cannot **** on every G8 you come across..

typical tinted out, "moparboard.com" sticker in the qtr glass fly by at 85 (while i was cruising at maybe 70 or so)...

I played catch up, car was "pretty" just wanted a better close up look..I got one and as i was to the left of him (side by side) on a two lane hwy with near zero traffic, he slowed to 70..I slowed to 70... All of a sudden, no warning, he just wacked it.. It took off nice, jumped out a solid car before I even realized he was in it. then it happened.. The kickdown and launch... The G8 was out:gr_devil:... Only took me about .000001 seconds after the pedal was mashed to stop the pull and i just walked by him. Had the time to give the courtesy wave (which i could tell he observed through the driver's tinted window lol)...

Not saying I wouldn't trade cars in a heartbeat if he offered but I think he thought my car was just your run of the mill, debadged aftermarket wheels, catback exhaust GM sedans.. Wonder what he was thinking when i swiped the man card off his driver's door lol... Just thought i'd share that story.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great kill love to hurt those molar guys feeling. Even better when they have the 392 badge.

I wish you would have switched to video mode on that camera!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
please took me 15 minutes to get that pic lol.. no iphone here budy lol

closest thing i can give you is a vid a friend took on the way to a show (75 mph hit) the day after i got the car running..

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Why would you trade him ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would you trade him ?
love the car.. absolutely love it. They're not usually very fast unless built to the hilt, but damn what a pretty car... I'm more of a "Waxer" as my friend's call it lol... I love to know it's quick, but looks are more important to me.. anybody can build a fast car.. i want everything..

I love that i have a car nice enough to present at a get together/car show, quick enough at the track..sure as hell goes sideways at 50mph hit with 275's out back and still has comfortable ride, 23mpg on the hwy at 75mph with the AC on lol...

I like the 392, I don't have enough hp to mess with them though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
no worries, there's always someone faster, just fun when "you're" the fastest one at that particular time lol

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Good kill, love the new 392, shame dodge can't mate it to a good auto transmission. I wouldn't mind having a 300 SRT8 any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Challengers....dime a dozen.

I tried to get lined up with a 300 SRT8 today, but the traffic gods weren't cooperating.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
please took me 15 minutes to get that pic lol.. no iphone here budy lol

closest thing i can give you is a vid a friend took on the way to a show (75 mph hit) the day after i got the car running..
Window tint... you need some. Haha.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I actually parked by an SRT8 300 today...it had a rather ethnic theme to it though....doubt any performance parts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Window tint... you need some. Haha.
had enough.. everything i have ever owned (more than 20 easy) cars/trucks has been tinted.. now without it, i actually love it.. the car gets much more respect from all (especially Law Enforcement lol)

list of more recent tinted/owned??

God, there's so many more lol

Attachments

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
lol dude very very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
had enough.. everything i have ever owned (more than 20 easy) cars/trucks has been tinted.. now without it, i actually love it.. the car gets much more respect from all (especially Law Enforcement lol)

list of more recent tinted/owned??

God, there's so many more lol
Hah. Wow.

I've been lucky so far, but I've had 18% on my G8 since it was new, and I've never gotten any flack from any cops about it.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice write up and kill OP!!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Awesome kill! I can only dream of taking on 392s, so it's great when a G8 can "rep for our breed"!

And no way in h#ll I'd trade a G8 for a Challenger, especially when the G8 is built like yours. You have style without having to be retro, and interior room the Challenger could only dream about. No doubt about it, you have the (much) better car!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome kill! I can only dream of taking on 392s, so it's great when a G8 can "rep for our breed"!

And no way in h#ll I'd trade a G8 for a Challenger, especially when the G8 is built like yours. You have style without having to be retro, and interior room the Challenger could only dream about. No doubt about it, you have the (much) better car!
small cam and some LT's and the dreaming will be reality lol

·
Fort Worth, TX
170 Posts
Finally had someone that wanted to play (been waiting 4 years) and it was a 392 Charger. I saw him go by as I was entering the highway and had caught up to him and looked him over. He was game, but I wasn't. A little too much traffic and I only have rotofab, headers, and a tune. I wonder how badly I'd have gotten spanked?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts