Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was perusing the forums late last night and was reading a little bit about people that have used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on their cars. I decided to go to Discount Tire to look up some more info on them and see how much they cost. I went through the motions of adding them to my cart and went to the checkout page to see the total price.

I was a little bit shocked to find that the total cost was just a little over $170,000. :eek: The high cost was due to the recommended TPMS rebuild kits that were automatically added to my cart, which cost $40,000 each. Heck, the sales tax was almost $10,000 alone.

I have heard about companies trying to up-sell you on products and services, but this seems just a little bit ridiculous. :) At least the valve stems and lifetime rotations are free.

·
Registered
127 Posts
LOL. I assume someone made a big typo into the data system or an automated data import issue. Or possibly even they can't get the part, so they put an astronomically high price on it so no one would order it.

Don't forget, those prices are good for 30 days in case you change your mind. ;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I see the mistake. You only need one TPMS kit. And the $40,000 includes a new car to go with the tires, LMAO :slap:

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I bought these recently myself, I otherwise would have had another G8 in the stable, but alas, tpms is important to me so I had to spend it.

And I got a better deal than you did: 39k PER tpms rebuild kit, so I saved 4k from what you spent .... but then and again, what's 4k when you're spending 160k?

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
A fine choice in tire, let there be no doubt. Scored a lightly used set last summer, wrapped around some rims I wouldn't have normally chosen.

Had PS2s on a previous car, and haven't felt that much grip from something not R-compound (or real close to it like Pilot Sport Cup, P-Zero Corsa etc)

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
A fine choice in tire, let there be no doubt. Scored a lightly used set last summer, wrapped around some rims I wouldn't have normally chosen.

Had PS2s on a previous car, and haven't felt that much grip from something not R-compound (or real close to it like Pilot Sport Cup, P-Zero Corsa etc)
Not questioning the tires. Just the $176k tire bill lol.

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Not questioning the tires. Just the $176k tire bill lol.
I know ;)

I'm just doing my part to help the OP choose these tires for his car lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
LoL I bought these a couple days ago at their store and man that guy hooked me up with a $159,840 discount! :boink: what a nice guy :p

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
i will sell my used TPMS for the low price of $1,000.
better act quick at this price they wont last long.

I hope i dont need a FS thread for my sarcasm...
though i will take your 1000 if you want them that bad.

·
Registered
989 Posts
WHAT?!?!?! this is ridiculous! I got TPMS for nearly HALF that!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts