Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charger 5.7 into v6 G8

I'm been thinking about if it would be possible to swap my v6 engine for a charger 5.7 engine I found. I need to know things like would it fit and could it actually be daily driven without problems.

If there are problems I'd appreciate if someone could let me know if there is a v8 engine that would possibly work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm been thinking about if it would be possible to swap my v6 engine for a charger 5.7 engine I found. I need to know things like would it fit and could it actually be daily driven without problems.
If there are problems I'd appreciate if someone could let me know if there is a v8 engine that would possibly work.
Thanks in advance.
With the right mechanic and some creativity, it's possible, MOPAR engines have been stuck in GM cars before. A straight GM engine swap would probably be much easier, as far as parts compatibility, wiring harnesses and so forth. So far at least 2 V6s have been swapped to V8. If you go forward with the build keep us updated, I want to do the same eventually so I want to learn as much as I can.

·
F1rehawk
628 Posts
Well if you got the engine for free labor cost is less of an issue! Good luck with the build. I would just sell the engine and the car and buy a GT but some people like to make their life a little harder ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bro we haven't seen this guy for almost two years.. I'm pretty sure he gave up on it. Makes no sense to swap when you could just buy a GT.... if you're gunna do a swap, swap a T6060 into a GT. That's what I wanna do to mine, years from now (eventually).

And a 5.3L?? was he looking for the MOPAR or ford forums? 5.3L... that's like a caddy or truck motor in GM country sonny boy....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
12 Participants
hexagod
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing