Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious who else has done it. I've heard of a few others with fairly wild NA setups but havent heard much on numbers.

I remember PatG being close with an aftermarket head setup. There was a GXP who hit 499 and was looknig to break 500. I've seen a few strokers in G8's that have to be close or over.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
im sure its possible with the6.0 set up too i jus dunno what its gna take

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock 6.2 was about 15 off with a baby cam, mids, pretty mild setup.

The 454 made well over 500 even through a TH400 and 9".

The new 416 also did and its pretty mild with small cam, stock heads, etc... torquey little sucker at 3k RPM it makes 100ft/lbs more then the 6.2! Made about 50hp more then the stock 6.2 and 75 or so more tq peak to peak. I just used the stock heads and a cam I had, its begging for more I just need to decide which direction I want to take it.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
The only one I ever dyno'd was Troys which was on a portable dyno. The rest have just seen the track. My thought is it will take the right cam, 12.0 compression, fly-cut pistons, good top-end, and the rest of the bolt-on goodies to match. Supposedly 122mph in the 1/4 is suppose to be close to 500hp since that was the big deal when PatG made 500+. The proving point was getting to the track and running the mph to show the dyno matched the what the car was really making. You really have to know a dyno and race the cars off that dyno to know and be able to compare. Plenty of us have see 600 hp dyno queens that run 12's. Lounge talk is Camaro SS are just dyno queens that can't get the numbers at the track and Mustangs are Track machines that can lay down good et/mph at the track. G8's are just a Camaro in different skin with a fat ass.

The A6 auto trans makes it tuff. Lots of rotating weight and dragging clutches. M6 is much easier to reach the 500 number.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only one I ever dyno'd was Troys which was on a portable dyno. The rest have just seen the track. My thought is it will take the right cam, 12.0 compression, fly-cut pistons, good top-end, and the rest of the bolt-on goodies to match. Supposedly 122mph in the 1/4 is suppose to be close to 500hp since that was the big deal when PatG made 500+. The proving point was getting to the track and running the mph to show the dyno matched the what the car was really making. You really have to know a dyno and race the cars off that dyno to know and be able to compare. Plenty of us have see 600 hp dyno queens that run 12's. Lounge talk is Camaro SS are just dyno queens that can't get the numbers at the track and Mustangs are Track machines that can lay down good et/mph at the track. G8's are just a Camaro in different skin with a fat ass.

The A6 auto trans makes it tuff. Lots of rotating weight and dragging clutches. M6 is much easier to reach the 500 number.
Yeah I remember PatG's and he went to cathedral heads and a Mamo ported intake if I recall and was right around 500 and went 122. But I've seen cars MPH but not be the best ET pass. I know on my old car I could go 121MPH NA but it would be a few tenths off my best ET much like a few of the cars I've seen on here.

True the M6 is easier, I remember with the same cam that M6 GXP was knocking on 500 and my A6 was a good bit behind. But my A6 went 11.31 so I cant complain too much.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
i should be well over 500 n/a by the time i get back from this deployment. i am currently having a 413 stroker built for my car. dont know what i will be making with the 150 shot i plan on spraying

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
The Mustang dude
1,438 Posts
Lounge talk is Camaro SS are just dyno queens that can't get the numbers at the track and Mustangs are Track machines that can lay down good et/mph at the track. G8's are just a Camaro in different skin with a fat ass.
Truer words were never spoken.

I know people here are gonna get a little bent about it, but its truth.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
I'm hoping to see 500.1hp when im done and i'm not doing anything crazy... well i might get rid of these way too big heads...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.