Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the bulbs from Spencers is $75. I just want to see if I like yellow fogs. I already have the 6k Spencers Kit.

My question is I went searching for 25watt bulb and did not find any. While reading an old thread from this board, somebody mentioned there is no 25 watt bulb for 5202 application. The ballast is 25 watt but the bulb is 35 watt.

Is this true, can anyone verify this? If so I found some cheap bulbs on Amazon I will buy to see if I like yellow fogs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Why not try the yellow overlays?

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
Interesting

I just did some googling and found that HID Guy sells a kit with 25w BULBS. I'd link it but you know....

Only reason I mention this is because I have the Spencer kit and always assumed the bulbs were 25w like the ballasts. I'm running 3200K in the fogs

In short, I can't answer your question but I can show you what yellow HIDs look like ;)

EDIT: You can always email Spencer. From my experience, he was insanely quick in his responses.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
EDIT: You can always email Spencer. From my experience, he was insanely quick in his responses.
This.

Spencer has great communication and he is easy to talk to and ask questions of... Highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the yellow overlays sitting in the trunk. I worry it will get too hot and melt the housing.

I am running Spencers 6k fog kit. Yes he is helpful. I just wanted to do yellow bulbs but did not want to spend $75 on the pair. I will look up the site mentioned.

My question was if the 3k bulbs are 35 or 25 watt.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting

I just did some googling and found that HID Guy sells a kit with 25w BULBS. I'd link it but you know....

Only reason I mention this is because I have the Spencer kit and always assumed the bulbs were 25w like the ballasts. I'm running 3200K in the fogs

In short, I can't answer your question but I can show you what yellow HIDs look like ;)

Looks good man....thx

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent Hid guys an email to clarify whether the bulbs are 25 or 35w running on a 25w ballast. I don't want to melt the housing.

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
The ballast controls the output and thus, there is no 25W or 35W bulb. The ballast must be a 25W ballast as a 35W will melt the OEM foglight housings we have.

I have a 25W Spencershid 4300K 5202 kit in my foglights and it is great.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ballast controls the output and thus, there is no 25W or 35W bulb. The ballast must be a 25W ballast as a 35W will melt the OEM foglight housings we have.

I have a 25W Spencershid 4300K 5202 kit in my foglights and it is great.
So this should work with my existing Spencer's 6k fog kit I have had for 8 months. All I have to do is to swap bulbs out....right. I also have the 25w ballast.

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
If the ballast controls output, and you have a 25W ballast, you can swap the bulb out with another 5202 bulb and it will work just fine.

From one of the guys at theretrofitsource.com, he said that there are no designations for bulbs and wattages, it is soley/strictly the ballast that controls how much power goes to the bulb.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the ballast controls output, and you have a 25W ballast, you can swap the bulb out with another 5202 bulb and it will work just fine.

From one of the guys at theretrofitsource.com, he said that there are no designations for bulbs and wattages, it is soley/strictly the ballast that controls how much power goes to the bulb.
Great, thank you for your input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts