Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my v6 and have been doing mostly suspension upgrades...but been wondering about doing a 6 speed swap for awhile. The 08 Acadia with the same LY7 came with a 6 speed. Any thoughts on if that PCM could be used if the 6 speed from a camaro is used? There probably will be some differences in the wiring that would need worked out...any thoughts? BCM compatibility issues between Acadia and G8?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love my v6 and have been doing mostly suspension upgrades...but been wondering about doing a 6 speed swap for awhile. The 08 Acadia with the same LY7 came with a 6 speed. Any thoughts on if that PCM could be used if the 6 speed from a camaro is used? There probably will be some differences in the wiring that would need worked out...any thoughts? BCM compatibility issues between Acadia and G8?
The Acadia is a front wheel drive platform, and therefore has no compatability with the RWD Zeta architecture of the G8. The Acadia uses the 6T70 automatic, "T" meaning transversely mounted.

The 6L50, found in the ATS, CTS, STS, SRX, and Camaro is the transmission that bolts up to the LY7 V6 block in a G8. I am actually undergoing this conversion as we speak. Some things are a nightmare, but im working to get it all straightened out. You can see my thread here:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68017

1 - 2 of 2 Posts