Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounded funny for a couple of days so I did a trans service,filter,gasket etc. still made noise. So today I went to get my nitrous tune at Vector Motorsports. I asked my tuner Steve about the noise and he wanted to check it out before the dyno. He said wow I never heard a noise like that. I checked the trans fluid and was a little full. And seemed to drive better. So Steve put it on the dyno just to see if it was slipping. And after two pulls na you could hear one hell of a slip:(

And was only like 385hp. So we never sprayed it. Well on the way home all the fun began. After 1.5 hour drive and 1.5 hours left to get home, it totally takes a crap on the highway. Wouldn't move. After playing with the pedal I got the converter to catch second gear. Drove all the way to my moms like that. Now waiting on a flat bed. I'm broke from the spray so gonna have to build it myself or let it sit this summer and still no spray;(

Although it did take a hell of a beating, daily. R. I. P.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
RIP 6l80e!

Sucks, sorry to hear about it. On to bigger and better right!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Got to plant a money tree first lol.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
oo bummer.... revert to stock?? still under warranty? lmao...

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Ahh man that sucks. I'm just waiting for mine to go... Lol

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just going to rebuild it. still gonna be around two grand

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got to find parts good to 600 rwhp

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
never got to spray;(

thank god i didnt that was 3 hours away. would have died instantly

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
What does one upgrade too when the 6l80e dies, or do you just rebuild it?
There are companies that make upgraded parts for the transmission that are currently holding in cars making ~800rwhp. I think the cost is around 3k to have someone rebuild it for you and you can buy the parts for way cheaper if you want to do it on your own.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Troy is not kidding literary rick does that work in his walking functioning sleep.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol Ill pm him

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
He told me one time about some of his tranny builds and he fabbed up some of his own internals. DoughG8's is holding strong, and it's been built for some time now. I want to say they initially tried some of the "upgraded" clutch packs, and finally after no success Rick took matters into his own hands.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
775 Posts
When mine goes, it will be shipped to Rick

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Call Rick and see what parts he uses and see if we can get them. We will build it bro. No problem. That poor car took a lot of abuse! Driver mod needed also...

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

1 - 20 of 55 Posts