Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting a dip stick in my car. 09 gt. Stock manifolds. Stock pan on trans. I have the heads off currently doing dod delete. Thought be a great time to put a dipstick in the trans to make my life easier. Thinking about a lokar for a 6l80. Any input on it? Does it read accurately? Is there better options? Any stock hard tube options that happen to fit our cars? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
179 Posts
There's an OEM dipstick from one of the trucks/suvs.

Transmission fill tube25879175
Transmission fill tube indicator15877378
Transmission fill tube seal15796802
Transmissiion fill tube nut11516780

Some think it can be installed with the heads removed, others say the engine needs to be out. YMMV, I've not attempted this.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had the Lokar. I found it more annoying than anything. Being braided stainless, it's highly abrasive, so unless you're very careful routing and mounting, it's going to rub into/through anything in its path. That and it just sits there. Assuming the trans if filled correctly to begin with, you'll never need to use the dipstick again.

That said, it is quite handy for filling the trans, but the same could be achieved with a piece of hose and save a bunch of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ebg8gt
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing