Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the rear Brembo calipers off of a 6th gen Camaro will bolt up? I plan on using SS spindles and Dust Shields.

*Update* They work, but you have to use Caprice/PPV rotors for clearance.

·
Grease Monkey
164 Posts
Even the rears? The offset of the 6th gen rotors seemed like they wouldn't work. I know the fronts work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even the rears? The offset of the 6th gen rotors seemed like they wouldn't work. I know the fronts work.
You have to use Caprice/PPV rotors because the ATS/Camaro bolt pattern is different. That's all I know from digging around on Facebook, I'm sure there are offsetting differences as well. Personally I'm passing on the idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last time I checked the 6th gen rear wont bolt up without an adapter. Can you verify? I got 6th gen camaro brembos

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to use Caprice/PPV rotors because the ATS/Camaro bolt pattern is different. That's all I know from digging around on Facebook, I'm sure there are offsetting differences as well. Personally I'm passing on the idea.
Caprice uses the same 5x120 bolt pattern as the G8/SS (all three Zeta Platform cars). 6th Gen Camaro/ATS/CTS (Alpha platform cars) also use a 5x120 bolt pattern. For the rear wheels you'll have to use the larger rotors and dust guards from the SS to bolt up the rear Brembos. It's the case for any Brembo conversion for the G8. Make sure you have the proper mounting pins and what not. Also a good idea to change your brake lines while you're at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts