Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for a gt model with a sports package that's blue and no sunroof for a while now. i wanted to get something with less miles on it, around 40,000 ish. i found an 09, not 1/2 model, that's just what i want but it has 73,000 miles. it's close and was thinking of looking it over. the dealer that has it is selling it for 21k. this seems a little high for me but i wanted your guys' opinion. i could wait for a lower mileage car to pop up over the next couple of months. this would be a daily driven car. is the 30,000 miles a big difference to you? let me know what you guys think.

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
Your close to a bigger service at that date (Trans, rear end, and coolant I believe). Do you have any plans for the car etc? $21k seems a bit high for that many miles though. I paid $23k for mine with 46k miles. Go in there and low ball them and see what happens

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree on the price being a little high. Good luck.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I bought the same vehicle, but with a sunroof with the 18's and the 19's. had 52000 miles. I paid 20,250. Clean carfax. Good luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
a little high in my mind. I paid 21k for mine with 58k on it, but I tell you what, worth every penny. I wanted the blue, but wasn't able to find one.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree, it is overpriced. And if it has been listed for 2 months then you should offer maybe 2500 less and see if you canget it for a fair price. I would not be so concerned about the mileage but check the car over and make sure there is no lifter noise or lower control arm issues. Check the in-service date at a GM dealer or with a CafFax and if it is still under warreanty, (under 5 years from in servicde) the lifters can be replaced for free.

If you want a lower mileage one then you may have to travel somewhere and have it brought back or if you have a CarMax near you, look through their national listings and they can transport it (for a fee) to the local CarMax. I think there is one SBM GT available from them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Overpriced for sure. Use that to your advantage though. In August 2013 I bought my 2009 GT Sport & Premium packages for $19K with 56K miles and a 1 year/12,000 warranty. They initially had it for sale for $24K and then $22K. I would come in around $17K for the car you are interested. Wouldn't pay over $19K.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Always check with your bank/credit union to see what they value the car at....this will give you some leverage when purchasing.

Seems a little high, although our cars hold value fairly well. My credit union said my car could still sell for over 21k with over 85k miles in it's current condition.....of course that price is totally unacceptable if I were to sell lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a deal in the works for a SBM GT. Sports, premium and sunroof with 28K on it for $23,000. Yes it is a little more than I wanted to pay since I see ones with 50k and a warranty for $19-20K but not in SBM. I did not dicker. plain GT's with 60K are $20K around here.

Since it will only get 2-3K miles a year a low mile one was worth the price to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bought my Sbm a year ago, $22,500, certified pre owned. Came with everything except a sunroof. Had 30k on it when i bought it. clean fax, and perfect car. Just wait, youll find the one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Bought my Sbm a year ago, $22,500, certified pre owned. Came with everything except a sunroof. Had 30k on it when i bought it. clean fax, and perfect car. Just wait, youll find the one.
I just ate a $300 plane ticket because the seller now wants to keep it.:cursin: I am looking at a SR one but while it has advantages it has also spent the last few winters in MI and it scares me. I looked at the under pics and I see the rust at the seams. I know I can clean it up and as dry as it is here it will stop but I know it is a lot of work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Uforacing, PM sent

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm going to bump this thread. There is a 2009.1 SBM GT with Sport, just listed today, no roof, leather, 1 owner clean carfax, 70,199 miles, looks 100% stock no mods at a GM dealer and it is Certified Pe-Owned so it comes with a one year full warranty and 2 years free service 3 mos OnStar and Sirius, $18.690, located in Michigan.

http://www.heidebreicht.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2009-Pontiac-G8-GT-Washington-MI/2174383193
I saw that one. The rust just scares the crap out of me. I crawl underneath the wife's 01 and there are no rusted bolts/seams/shocks anywhere and it get's driven with snow tires every winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son just bought this 2009 SBM in Minnesota with 47,000 miles. Was brought in from Nebraska according to the carfax. Sport, premium, roof, new tires for $20,500. They were asking $22K. We think he did pretty good on the price. Damm this car is fun to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think higher miles necessarily means one can demand a lower price. If there is nothing exceptional about the vehicle, then yes, on the face of it I would ask for market rate, comparing it to other G8's with similar mileage. But if the person has put a lot of money in the car inside and out, it's not fair to compare it to a Joe Bag of Donuts G8 that somone didn't improve in any way. Some people will demand that they get a bone stock G8, and that's fine. Other people, myself include, can appreciate it when they find a G8 that has already had a quality build done. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
Grogg
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing