Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my machine polishing kit in from Adam's about a week ago and wanted to work on the G8 to get some of the swirl marks and scratches taken care of. Take about 8 hours start to finish. Let me know what you think.

And this is how it looks less than 24hrs later.....mother nature can suck a d*ck!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the porter cable

·
Registered
329 Posts
...and this is how it looks less than 24hrs later.....mother nature can suck a d*ck!!!

Looks great!!!

I agree about mother nature. This was last month, before:

Two days later:

Ended up with 10+ inches of snow on her.:mad:

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's why I always try and take pictures after a marathon cleaning or wash, whatever. That way you at least have SOMETHING to appreciate days/weeks after all that hard work when the car is dirty again.

Looks great!

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Great job man and your Mother Nature comment made me lawl heartily and with force.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Missed a spot . Its right on the just kidding. Looks good

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
And this is how it looks less than 24hrs later.....mother nature can suck a d*ck!!!

omg i'd be so pissed. especially after 8 freaking hours!

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Silverado, car looked great before getting hit with the pollen.

I spent about 4 hours on mine this weekend washing, waxing and detailing before heading to the track.

Within 24 hours mine had bugs all over the bumper and pollen all over everything else. We finally get weather nice enough to clean up the rides and it just happens to be the same time that the pollen comes out in full force.

·
Big D
333 Posts
i cleaned mine monday did it all, tues morning when the pollen came it looks like i didnt even touch it, its very disheartening

·
Registered
640 Posts
Did you use the orange swirl and haze remover and did you find it 100% got rid of the swirls? Thinking about this next step just it's a huuuge time investment.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used the whole kit. The green the orange the white and the black sealant. I would say it got rid of about 95% of the imperfections and scratches. From what I have heard the flex does a better job than the porter cable. But for the really tough ones the have the 4" focus pads for a cordless drill. All in all I think it was a good investment. One thing I did notice is that the kit really should have came with the larger bottle of detail spray. You will use a lot while claying the car and if you watch the video on it they say to spray the pad with detail spray each time you ad product. I used a whole bottle and didnt have enough to finish.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hmmm might have to just invest in the severe swirl and haze then.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would do each of them. They each serve a purpose and you can really see each of them working after you use each one.

There's only one bad thing about Adam's...you have to continue to buy it! They have so many great products but they aren't cheap when you buy so much of it. Since I bought that kit I have also bought more detail spray, waterless wash with towels and the VRT. Just waiting for that to come in so I can take car of what mother nature messed up. If you actually watch the video that come with the kit you will see all the cool stuff they have and want to buy it more. Wish they were closer cuz I would just take the car down to them and let them do their magic.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FANTASTIC job, the car looks great!!!

Thank you for your business and for posting the pics.
Wish I would have known about the coupon code before I reordered more stuff! lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Haha. Yea I mean I have half the stuff already. Coupon codes def help. Once I verify my brothers pc is the right model, I'm placing my order. Get this done and get rid of the swirls once and for all!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wish I would have known about the coupon code before I reordered more stuff! lol
Sorry, it's hidden deep within my sig. ;)

Haha. Yea I mean I have half the stuff already. Coupon codes def help. Once I verify my brothers pc is the right model, I'm placing my order. Get this done and get rid of the swirls once and for all!
If you are just planning on getting the polishes/pads from us, be sure to get our backing plate as well as it's sized to fit our pads.

:patriot:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts