Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue where the pin connector for the fog/side lights keeps on coming off. It is located under near the radiator and is positioned upward, so any vibration will jar it loose. I have tried taping it but eventually it comes off. I really don't want to cut and splice for a new connector, but will do so if need be. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
You could use a long length narrow width nylon tyrap or zip tie (same thing). Or 2 or more shorter length versions of same (connected to each other) of the same thing. Or a piece of nylon type string using the *clove hitch* type of knot (which when pulled tight draws the 2 sections together without allowing them to separate when released. Then add another half knot an done. Do one of these things using the center area of each connector half.

The service manual shows the P/N of 7283-1081-30 an 7282-1081-30 as the connector haves. They seem to be a brand by the name of YAZAKI. (or not) Maybe a GM parts department can research this, an come up the correct connector haves, if you prefer to have normal locking/unlocking connectors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
GOPHERIT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing