Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Heads up for anyone wanting to do a little cruise, have the chance the win some money, and support the Wounded Warrior Project.

Yes Mile High Mustangs is hosting the event, but we are opening it to all vehicles and motorcycles. Rain or shine my G8 will be there but I can't say the same for those garage queen Mustangs.

Details:
-Meeting @ Rite-Aid parking lot @ 9:30 AM
-$20 to enter
-1/2 pot goes to winning hand (5 card stud) may be able to purchase extra cards (not sure)
-1/2 pot goes to Wounded Warrior Project
-Route will head up to Lyons, 36 to Estes, Lunch in Estes, Peak to Peak highway to Nederland, 119 down Boulder Canyon
-Faster cars/drivers usually up front, but these are Mustangs so I use the term Fast loosely.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sub'd. Can't commit yet. But sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Duty calls that day....sorry I cant make it...so want to see that part of CO

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I live near Lyons and take these mountain twisties on occasion and have learned You will be stuck behind tourist traffic the whole time on a Saturday..... Unless you started much earlier.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
36 from Lyons to Estes will probably be slow, but from Estes to Nederland is usually more open and fun. Plus it isn't peak season so it shouldn't be too bad. We've done this cruise for a few years and while you never get to have too much fun in the canyons, it usually runs pretty smooth. It's more like a moving car show, plus it's just fun to see and be in Estes.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Yea I guess this could be pretty fun! It'll be an all day cruise for sure and the Peak2peak hwy is fun..... I lived between Nederland and Ward for 6 years and haven't been up there since moving down a couple years ago (even had my G8's first daily driven winter when I lived there).

I won't be able to make it but this should be a good time cruisin'....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Won't have a car by then :(

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Maybe I'll run the vette by the Rite Ade parking lot tomorrow morning ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts