Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost three years to the day after my last visit to LVD, which a frustration of wheel spin during a Wednesday night test and tune.

RELEVANT MODS:
  • Solo Performance cat back exhaust
  • VCM OTR intake
  • Some old tune from my Cortex
  • Cooper ZEON RS3-G1 tires
  • No other prep than a tank of Sunoco premium and cleaning all my kids' crap out of the cabin before the 2-hour drive to the track.
This time around I wasn't looking to challenge myself. I just wanted to see what the car could do, so I left traction control on and let the car shift itself in Sport mode.

Run 1 - 13.453 @ 104.03 MPH
Run 2 - 13.492 @ 105.87
Run 3 - 14.175 @ 104.02 (I was turning of ESC to do a brief burnout, and forgot to turn it back on for this run)
Run 4 - 13.487 @ 106.17 (First round of the Gambler's Race. Dialed a 13.50 and lost to a 11-second Civic by breaking out by .166)

Considering my general lackadaisical approach to the day (I didn't even check tire pressures), I have to say that I wasn't at all disappointed in the numbers. It was a bit quicker than I thought it might be, and pretty darn consistent. Not sure when I'll get back there again, but it might involve some drag radials.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
With no access to Napierville, I've been thinking of heading LVD, trick is arranging with others to ensure there is a trailer ride back if needed

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An interesting side note on the day. Of the variety of cars and trucks running yesterday, mine was the only G8 or SS. There was a rather quick GTO there and a bunch of late model Camaros, but I was the only representing the twice-dead marque.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Sounds about right and coupled with the scarcity of parts availability made the decision to not purchase another G8 somewhat easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts