Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
You started a Thread on something like this in the TECH section on 7-16-18. The P/N's for the tensioner an belt (at that time) were posted within that Thread an are probably still correct.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude These are GM part numbers for the original parts replacement. The G8 has an inherent problem with throwing the A/C belt. They made an kit to shorten the belt length with new brackets and tensioner that supposedly gets rid of the problem for good. It's a real knuckle buster, little clearance to install. I was asking for the kit number for this. Three chewed up belts and one new tensioner and yet the same problem, it throws the A/C belt? Can anyone help with this please? It has been discussed in the past and the part number was thrown out there before.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dude These are GM part numbers for the original parts replacement. The G8 has an inherent problem with throwing the A/C belt. They made an kit to shorten the belt length with new brackets and tensioner that supposedly gets rid of the problem for good. It's a real knuckle buster, little clearance to install. I was asking for the kit number for this. Three chewed up belts and one new tensioner and yet the same problem, it throws the A/C belt? Can anyone help with this please? It has been discussed in the past and the part number was thrown out there before.
Part number 92252927. Requires new longer belt 92244381

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
speedracers08
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing