Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cruising down the highway I see a blue WRX coming up behind me dodging thru traffic until he's right on my bumper. He was lowered, SUBARU written in bright red on the windshield, triple gauges on the A piller, chrome fire exhinguisher on the other A piller, and I could see the front mount as he came up behind me. Ahead of me is nothing but clear road and he obviously wants it so I give it little more gas so I'm no longer pacing the car to my left (I was in the right lane) and the WRX stays glued to my bumper until there's just enough room for him to get around me and the car in the left lane. He hits it and goes to fly around me and thats when I hammer it. He gets out about a fender before I stop his pull and then slowly walk away from him. I was gonna stop once I got out ahead but I knew a ricer flyby would be my reward so I just stayed in it as hard as I could and just kept walking away. I think he gave up after I had about 5 18 wheeler lengths on him cause it was like he hit his brakes.

Not 10 minutes later I pull up at a red light and what should pull up next to me but an SRT 8 Jeep. I glance his way and him and his passenger are eyeing my car up and down. The light turns green and not sure what he's gonna do I wait for him and he hammers it. He jumps out about half a car as I hammer the gas and spin just a little. At the end of 1st gear I've stopped his pull, 2nd gear hits and my rear tires chirp and the back end steps out just a little and its all over for Mr. SRT 8 as I walk past him. As we pull up to the next light he beeps his horn and has his window down I roll mine down and he says he couldn't believe how fast my G8 was. I thank him and he asks what all I have done to it, I smile and reply just mufflers and an intake. I wish I had taken a pic of his face when I said that he looked like a little kid who was just told he can't keep his puppy he got for Christmas. LOL! The next light turned green and I drove off nice and easy and so did he.

I really REALLY love this car! :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds fun, Good kills wish people around my area knew what a G8 was so I could get some chances for kills lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"but I knew a ricer flyby would be my reward"...yeah, hahaha, they good for that around here. Good kills...you KNOW they'll be out for the rest of the day and all night, tonight!!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Sounds fun, Good kills wish people around my area knew what a G8 was so I could get some chances for kills lol.
Don't feel bad same here,and i figured my plate would get some action.
4DR SLPR AND STILL NOTHIN.......

·
Registered
297 Posts
Excellent job... Careful with those SRT Jeeps though. My friends 2013 is a beast! I know every magazines test results vary but other than braking/slight handling they are more than a match for a stock GT. Below is for a 2012 SRT jeep, should be similar to the 2013, though the I think the '13 skid pad is improved..

2012 Jeep SRT8:
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.3 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 24.4 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.0 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.4 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 157 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 166 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

2008 GT
TEST DATA ACCELERATION TO MPH 0-30 1.8 sec
0-40 2.8
0-50 4
0-60 5.3
0-70 6.9
0-80 8.7
0-90 10.7
0-100 13.2
PASSING, 45-65 MPH 2.6 sec
QUARTER MILE 13.8 sec @ 102.8 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 112 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.88 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT 26.2 sec @ 0.67 g (avg)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Nice kills jack . I love crushing other peoples hopes and dreams too lol.
There's a lot of every day cars that try and give me a go. Sometimes I oblige.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Not sure I believe the srt8. I've seen them at the track and some moddified ones are running 10's

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice Kill! What exactly ARE your mods if you don't me asking?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vararam intake, Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, no cats, custom mid pipe, Solo axle backs, tuned by RPM (357hp at the wheels on their dyno), light weight wheels. My personal best so far is a 12.7 @ 111mph so a 13.4 is no big deal. As for the not believing the SRT8 just because you can't beat them doesn't mean the rest of us are as slow as you. ;) LMAO! Sure they CAN be made to run 10's but the one I destroyed sure as sh1t didn't.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77906

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68699

If anyone NEEDS to see the dyno sheet or time slips just let me know.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice kills. Once you.get any jeep srt8 after 60, there no match. I 80 rolled a new jeep in my cav and hung in there....didnt win but wasnt impressed. I knew the 8 would eat it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I get about as much action as Peewee Herman at a swim suit model shoot. I can almost count on one hand how many encounters I've had in this car.
Must be something about Alabama. Same thing here. :(

Good kills OP!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Good stuff jack !

·
Arrival
183 Posts
My buddy has a 2013 Jeep SRT8 that I have ran a few times. It is a beast from a dig, however it can barely hang on... At highway speeds it struggles past 100 and you can easily just mosey away from them.

Just watch out for the 7 litre bored out ones. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks guys.

Richsfish, I'm running more then a full second faster then a stock G8 does. If I were stock it would have gone very badly for me!
Now that I see your mods it makes perfect sense!

I know those conversions conversions aren't an exact science. If an engine was rated at about 430 HP at the crank, then 18% drivetrain loss would (theoretically) equate to your rear wheel HP. That's awesome! The SRTs additional 40 HP just can't make up for it's extra 1,000 lbs!

When my friend had his regular ol' V8 Grand Cherokee, I could annoy him by hitting the gas whenever we were driving somewhere, each in our own cars. Now with the SRT it's no more fun for me!

I got's to gets me some more horsepower! While the wife was in the middle of doing some reading (and I knew she wasn't really paying attention to me) I said that I'm buying a supercharger. She just mumbled "uh huh", same response I would expect if I said the house was on fire. Well there ya go! She said yes.

Anyway. Nice kills!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Vararam intake, Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, no cats, custom mid pipe, Solo axle backs, tuned by RPM (357hp at the wheels on their dyno), light weight wheels. My personal best so far is a 12.7 @ 111mph so a 13.4 is no big deal.

Wow, with just intake, exhaust, light wheels and tune you're at 12.7?! New respect!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rich, LMAO!!! Good luck with the wife and that supercharger! ;)

Turbo, yup! As I said in my original post... I LOVE THIS CAR! Also don't forget I live on the east coast which means sea level, most cars run better/faster here.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Excellent job... Careful with those SRT Jeeps though. My friends 2013 is a beast! I know every magazines test results vary but other than braking/slight handling they are more than a match for a stock GT. Below is for a 2012 SRT jeep, should be similar to the 2013, though the I think the '13 skid pad is improved..

2012 Jeep SRT8:
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.3 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 24.4 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.0 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.4 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 157 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 166 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

2008 GT
TEST DATA ACCELERATION TO MPH 0-30 1.8 sec
0-40 2.8
0-50 4
0-60 5.3
0-70 6.9
0-80 8.7
0-90 10.7
0-100 13.2
PASSING, 45-65 MPH 2.6 sec
QUARTER MILE 13.8 sec @ 102.8 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 112 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.88 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT 26.2 sec @ 0.67 g (avg)
Road and Track was able to get 0-60 times of 5 flat and a 1/4 of 13.5 for the G8 GT. Just to show the right combinations make this car a screamer. It's performance is amazing for it's weight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.