Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally made it to the track with the new motor. 402 TSP stroker assy (403ci), RCR intake, TB, and Dragmaster cam, ported heads, VCM, Kooks, Corsa, 3.27s, suspension, and DRs. DA was around 0 to -100. I need a fuel pump and bigger injectors, as well as some front runners. These were full weight, full tank of gas, street trim. Pulled the cat-back, bolted on DRs and drove to the track. Pretty happy with it.

https://youtu.be/PFix263hIT8

https://youtu.be/d-cTVEDx2sQ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Nice, my son is running the same motor without the ported heads. Nice 60 fts; No stall on that car? Edit: Never mind, just read your sig.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Circle D 3200. Missed that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice, I wish my car 60ft'd like that!! Impressive for sure.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
Nice! You need some linelocks.LOL. I'd say you are very close to 10's with a little more work. It was nice to see the video as my bolton car 60' what your car does and I have no video and have no idea what it looks like leaving the line.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't need a line-loc. It has NO PROBLEM doing a burnout. The car should 60' better, but the coil-overs were still set up pretty stiff on these runs. Also, replacing the valve train with titanium LS9 parts now since I broke a back-cut hollow stem intake valve and trashed a piston. I'm sure with a little tweaking the car will go high 10s.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
You don't install a linelock because your car has a problem doing a burnout. Good luck on your quest for high 10's.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
Why does he need a line loc?

Curious
Linelocks just eliminate the wear and abuse on the rear brake pads and rotors. They are nice if you need to put a lot of heat in your drag tires, aka a long burn out. Cars running on street tires need them less because just a quick spin is usually all that is needed, not a long burn out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In this case, a line loc won't help me do a burnout. Just save wear on the rear brakes as previously stated. I had one on my M6 GTO, but never felt a need for it on the G8.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
212 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Featherburner
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing