Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had MERLOT detailed back in January and decided to post some pics.
These are just some of the pics I loaded to show what a difference a full "detail" makes. The emphasis on detail because some peoples views on what a "detail" is, are different. I.E. Mobile Detailing - do they really detail or are they just mobile car washes that throw a coat of wax?

These pics dont show the full process due to the number of pics that would have been posted. Just quick overview

Some you can tell are before and the others after.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This pic was actually taken 2 days after the detail thats why the tires are looking thirsty. It was cloudy so not the best pic to show off

AND later on that night a coworker decided to put his juice bottle and my charger that i let him borrow on my trunk. I thought to myself "Keep Calm I drive a G8" (since 3 people already drive camaros and so does the coworker who put this on the trunk). I took this picture for evidence and after I looked at it I actually said out loud "Woo Look at the reflection of the bottle and cord. I bet your paint doesn't look as good as mine"

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks D-Webz

· Yep, that just happened..
5,621 Posts
Car looks good!!

· Registered
535 Posts
Yep, looks great. I laugh when people say they're going to "detail" their car and all they do is put a coat of cheap wax on it after they washed the car.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@DanSVT03 I had a guy with his mobile detail business offer to "detail" my car. I asked what steps and materials he uses. He said "oh I hand wash it with an automotive chamios then pressure wash it" what I comprehended from that was "oh I wipe your car with a rag that I previously used 10min ago on another vehicle then I pressure rinse it to give the impression that your cat is really getting clean but in actuality I just added as many swirls as cinnamon swirl toast"

· Registered
6,803 Posts
Looking better. Ready for summer. What did they charge you and did they do the inside or just motor and exterior?

· Registered
780 Posts
wow best i've seen of that color. What did the detail run you?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking better. Ready for summer. What did they charge you and did they do the inside or just motor and exterior?
Yes they did the inside as well, steamed cleaned and I'm not sure of the solution they used to clean the dash and other areas. $275 and it looked better than showroom floor. The thing with detail prices is its gonna vary by vehicle on what needs to be done and vehicle type. My car was clay barred as well and they touched up my wheel well to get it back to the black finish instead that faded black.

· Registered
6,803 Posts
$275 and it looked better than showroom floor. The thing with detail prices is its gonna vary by vehicle on what needs to be done and vehicle type. My car was clay barred a
I know, I detail for a living. Just wondering though.

· Registered
6,803 Posts
Not after that "stabby" comment lol. I think I could run my own detail business. Its all about money,gotta play the lotto more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.