Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently had my GXP in for some routine service at a former Pontiac dealership. The dealership now sells Buick, GMC and Hyundai. I recognized the phone number on caller id, as the dealership, so I answer thinking it's my service advisor, it's not.

The gentleman greets me nicely and goes on to say, "I see you had your 2009 Pontiac in for service" and I agree. He then goes on to ask if "I would be interested in upgrading to a brand new Elantra, due to the great incentives they are offering at this time."

Silence on the phone for a moment.

Then I respond with, "In what universe is an Elantra an upgrade from a 400+hp, manual shifting GXP?"

Again silence on his part.

He goes on to say, well it's a newer car under warranty, etc, etc. Then we both have a laugh about the conversation and I thank him for calling me, but in no way, shape or form would I trade my GXP for the Elantra, or anything else on their lot.

That was the end of the conversation. I just wanted to share with an audience that would appreciate the story.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wtf really---an Elantra....really??

I don't think there is a single car on a Buick/GMC/Hyundai lot I would trade my GT for....let alone a GXP

Think he would have at least gone for a Genesis or something...

And Hyundai/gm/Buick is an awful odd combo...
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well I recently had my GXP in for some routine service at a former Pontiac dealership. The dealership now sells Buick, GMC and Hyundai. I recognized the phone number on caller id, as the dealership, so I answer thinking it's my service advisor, it's not.

The gentleman greets me nicely and goes on to say, "I see you had your 2009 Pontiac in for service" and I agree. He then goes on to ask if "I would be interested in upgrading to a brand new Elantra, due to the great incentives they are offering at this time."

Silence on the phone for a moment.

Then I respond with, "In what universe is an Elantra an upgrade from a 400+hp, manual shifting GXP?"

Again silence on his part.

He goes on to say, well it's a newer car under warranty, etc, etc. Then we both have a laugh about the conversation and I thank him for calling me, but in no way, shape or form would I trade my GXP for the Elantra, or anything else on their lot.

That was the end of the conversation. I just wanted to share with an audience that would appreciate the story.
A truly funny story indeed Camptown................ :D!

Reggie B.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I take it this was Burns? I get stuff from them too about "upgrading" my GXP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a car dealer and bought my G8 GT wholesale from a dealership and when I was speaking to the sales person the previous owner had traded my G8 for a Cruze. I don't know what the hell he was thinking about.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take it this was Burns? I get stuff from them too about "upgrading" my GXP.
Yes it was the Burns dealership. I can't blame the guy for trying to sell a car, but he could have lead with a Genesis R Spec. But until it has a manual transmission I won't even look at it. Hell GM can't even get it right when it comes to manual transmissions. No manuals in the "big" engine in any sedan below the CTS-V; no Regal GS, no ATS, no SS. It just make me appreciate my even more.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Burns has treated me really well for over 4 years but when we get the "upgrade" calls, it is pretty funny.

Until there's a twin turbo GN or GNX sitting at Burns, I'm not interested.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I woulda just hung up.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
A truly funny story indeed Camptown................ :D!

Reggie B.
GM Customer Care
I've always wondered why GM USA allows its dealers to sell the competitions product on their lots. Seems rather stupid & it doesn't happen in Canada... GM Canada frowns upon selling ATVs & Snowmobiles alongside their product, let alone another car manufacturers product!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That's like a BMW dealer calling an M5 owner asking if they want to upgrade their 5 year old M5 for a 1 series.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yes it was the Burns dealership. I can't blame the guy for trying to sell a car, but he could have lead with a Genesis R Spec. But until it has a manual transmission I won't even look at it. Hell GM can't even get it right when it comes to manual transmissions. No manuals in the "big" engine in any sedan below the CTS-V; no Regal GS, no ATS, no SS. It just make me appreciate my even more.
Regal GS is available with a stick.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've always wondered why GM USA allows its dealers to sell the competitions product on their lots. Seems rather stupid & it doesn't happen in Canada... GM Canada frowns upon selling ATVs & Snowmobiles alongside their product, let alone another car manufacturers product!
There is The Humberview Group.

http://www.humberview.com

They are a local dealer for:
Humberview Buick GMC
Humberview VW
& for used exotic cars, Humberview Motorsports

All in the same area, but different lots.
1650 The Queensway
Toronto

It used to be:
Pontiac, Buick, GMC
Hummer
Saab
Saturn

The Humberview Group consists of 21 dealerships across the GTA.
We are proud to represent almost all major automotive brands from North America,Japan, Germany, and South Korea.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I'm betting that these guys use AutoAlert or a similar system to contact recent service customers to ask about upgrading cars. That's great if you are actually upgrading, but Hyundais are not an upgrade, LOL!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not sure if In read that wrong but all those cars are available in stick except the SS

1 - 20 of 26 Posts