Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slow weep leak at some location near the drivers side of the cooling chamber attached to the base of the A/C condenser. I refuse to tear down my perfectly good working A/C, to replace the condenser at this time. The in an out rubber hoses clamped to the cooler make me think that the psi in those lines is pretty low. It looks like I could either run a bypass line aft of the radiator, or punch it thru the sponge foam around the outside edges of the condenser, an have it run left to right in front of the condenser. I want to buy a few feet of rubber hose that is oil an fuel rated as well as being able to handle the expected psi that would go thru it. I would also have to buy some elbows (like nylon or metal) and or some straight couplings along with a few new clamps to connect an route that hose section in a safe routing.location. To those who may have performed a temporary (so to speak) type of fix for a faulty oem power steering cooler, can you tell me if I'm thinking correctly on the parts talked about ? It of course would be best to just add a small air cooler in front of the condenser an radiator, but for now I need/just want a quick fix. I would have added this to one fo the many threads about this type of leak, but i don't how yet to find or access the search function (if it still exists). Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
The G8 forum search function has always been quite interesting and sometimes difficult in helping to locate relevant information. Alternatively, use Google search for better results. Here are a couple of threads with some good information and, at least for the time being, would simply bypass the condenser. Good luck

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mine was leaking in the same spot. $36 cooler: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-13211, and no more issues.

Edit: the stock hose orientation is in one side of the car and out the other, versus this cooler which is in and out on the same side. If you want to make it a bit cleaner find a small cooler with inlet/outlet on opposite ends.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My First GXP started leaking at that same spot ,Im with the others find a small cooler and retrofit it. The cost to fix mine was under an after market warranty but the bill was 900 and some change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Steve R
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing