Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the idea of a Procharger in a G8, but I can't stand the fact the system can truly be a lot better. Why cant someone here in the states build a kit like this one? A system that sucks in fresh air, from the front of the car, not from inside the engine bay like on the procharger kit. This system looks so much nicer without a bunch of tubing in the engine bay. Reminds me of the popular A&A Supercharger kits from the Corvettes. Discuss....

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is much nicer in look and he got some amazing performance... Color me impressed...

·
G8 GXP: Exhaust
72 Posts
That looks a thousand times better, if they sold this in the states I would be all over that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
I do like that look alot!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Reminds me of the new vortech kits for the camaros. Much cleaner them our kits for sure.
I'm very happy with my procharger kit. Iats Only about 8-12 degrees above ambient temps while cruising.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
2v mustangs and vettes have the only reasonable setups i've seen. i dont understand why in the hell they would design these kits to pull air off of the headers...

·
Registered
77 Posts
That looks great. The design would be awesome to have.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Looks nice but I am not sure I like the multiple pulley system,.. Our prochargers are not optimal but with a hair of meth and our intercoolers, it really doesnt matter where we pick the air up from..... heat is absolutely not an issue....

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meth, hmm. Never thought of that, you're right!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Meth, hmm. Never thought of that, you're right!
I have to admit though it looks very clean.....

Sooner or later when the car gets old for the street.. I may end up tearing up the front end and doing a gear drive and putting a forward facing F2 or F3.... at that point it will only be a track car... I would make a big opening in the front of the bumper... just like my friends Malibu setup...

wont be doing that for a while as I enjoy driving it too much!!! just did 100 miles around where I live... I just cant get out of it... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to admit though it looks very clean.....

Sooner or later when the car gets old for the street.. I may end up tearing up the front end and doing a gear drive and putting a forward facing F2 or F3.... at that point it will only be a track car... I would make a big opening in the front of the bumper... just like my friends Malibu setup...

wont be doing that for a while as I enjoy driving it too much!!! just did 100 miles around where I live... I just cant get out of it... :)
That's because you have 700+ f'ing horse power... You friggin man... I am envious...

·
Vtac kicked in yo!!!
708 Posts
I agree that the kit looks awesome and the cog gears sounds great, but I like the look of the intercooler piping and race bypass of my Procharger and will stick with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts