Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Some creature crawled up under my hood and made a well-padded nest from stuff he tore off of my hood liner! :(

Do we have contacts/links to Aussies or elsewhere to get me a replacement hood liner? I am told the GM part number is 92253505, but my local GM shop says there is none in any GM or vintage dealer in the U.S. and he doesn't have any other contact/lead to follow...

Thanks for reading,
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Hi all.

Some creature crawled up under my hood and made a well-padded nest from stuff he tore off of my hood liner! :(

Do we have contacts/links to Aussies or elsewhere to get me a replacement hood liner? I am told the GM part number is 92253505, but my local GM shop says there is none in any GM or vintage dealer in the U.S. and he doesn't have any other contact/lead to follow...

Thanks for reading,
Joe
eBay Australia. http://cgi.ebay.com/351895730482

If you decide to get one let me know. I'm also looking for a new one. See if they'll do a group buy.

There was a thread on here about it at some point.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
eBay Australia. http://cgi.ebay.com/351895730482

If you decide to get one let me know. I'm also looking for a new one. See if they'll do a group buy.

There was a thread on here about it at some point.
Looks like someone just bought the last one they had in their listing after I posted it...

EDIT: Cannot find a difference between the two below other than the price.

http://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/GENUINE-HOLDEN-UNDER-BONNET-SOUND--HEAT-INSULATION-VE-SSV-SPECIAL-EDITION-G8-2007--2010-.html

http://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/GENUINE-HOLDEN-UNDER-BONNET-SOUND--HEAT-INSULATION-HSV-E2-E3-CLUBSPORT-GTS-MALOO-WITH-BONNET-SCOOPS.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!

I checked out the links. One said they might not ship to the U.S. and the other said they would, but that they only had one left, so I insta-purchased it. Maybe that was a tease, because I see the two links are to the same seller, and now the links say they have more...

As you'd expect, shipping was about 2/3rds of the cost of the part itself. The confirmation form said expected delivery would be 1-2 weeks, which would be a happy thing from Australia...
Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice, good luck. A guy on the Caprice forum recommended them to me if I needed anything for my car. Interested to see how long shipping takes when all is said and done.

That's not to say that nobody here has used them, just sharing anecdotal input.

-J

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Thanks!!

I checked out the links. One said they might not ship to the U.S. and the other said they would, but that they only had one left, so I insta-purchased it. Maybe that was a tease, because I see the two links are to the same seller, and now the links say they have more...

As you'd expect, shipping was about 2/3rds of the cost of the part itself. The confirmation form said expected delivery would be 1-2 weeks, which would be a happy thing from Australia...
Joe
I purchased a few items from that seller. They do ship to the US. Sometimes they just don't put that info. in their auction.

Message them and ask them to cancel your order on eBay and order from here (savings of $30 AU): GENUINE HOLDEN UNDER-BONNET SOUND & HEAT INSULATION HSV E2 E3 CLUBSPORT GTS MALOO WITH BONNET SCOOPS - In Stock at www.originalpartsgroup.com.au

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Nice to have options and the story is reminiscent of the time a squirrel destroyed some miniature American flags in order to build a nest. Think it was on an episode of Inside Edition...lol.

·
F1rehawk
766 Posts
I would have simply removed the hood liner and not replaced it. Looks nicer imo. Hood liner is quite useless.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I was investigating a hood liner too. I have a strut brace and the bar looks like it touches the liner. If I remove the liner. I'm gonna have the bar rubbing against the paint instead of the liner. Mine is not awful but on its way out.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought all my Holden emblems from OPG off of Ebay Australia and they arrived in less than the 2 weeks they said it would take. They also were the only place I could find all of them together and would combine shipping. Doesn't hurt that our dollar is a little stronger than theirs, so there's a pretty good discount built in! I would definitely use them again.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Does Karo have any? Holdenpartsusa.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts