Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . and did I get the Pilot SS' or the P/S A/S?, no, I went with the Primacy MXM4's. Why?

1. I don't need a set of winter tires/wheels for my car and a separate summer set. I have a 4WD truck for the winter but still need an All Season for the cold weather and rain.

2. I realized that at best, I'm strafing on and offramps and not autocrossing or driving in a 2Fast2Furious movie. I don't need Ultra High or even High Performance/Max Performance tires to commute in and take the family on road trips and errands.

The RS-A's have almost 35,000 miles on them and I've had them since 9,500 miles and it is about time for a new set.

I'm looking forward to quiet, smoothness and better handling than the RS-A's had.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Good choice in replacing the RS-A's, surprised yours lasted that long, such a garbage tire. Hopefully the new ones live up to your expectations, never had experience with them, post up a review when you get them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think my dad has the primacy on his Infiniti and the treadwear rating is 740!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
You will feel like the car is glued to the road with anything upgraded from those RS-A's. Tell me I'm wrong after the first hotlap session with the new rubber mounted. :)

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, here I am thinking that the RS-A's, to their credit, allowed me to rail the car as hard as I wanted to around every corner/on-offramp/rotary and I had no worry. I can only imagine that these "Luxury Grand Touring" tires will be a LOT better as they are Michelin's after all.

I'm happy with the price too as I had checked Discount Tire and Tire Rack and just for the tires alone, each was $220-222 and I was able to get them mounted/balanced-out the door for $232 each, plus, with a $70 rebate going till Tuesday, I will have gotten each tire for $215.25 OTD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts