Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 6M GXP with 44,000 miles on it and the original clutch. I already have the usual bolt on's (LT's, Livernois tune, etc) but soon I will be adding some forced induction (probably a maggie, we'll see) but I wanted to see if any other GXP guys had some input on what is a good clutch option.

The car is my daily driver so I am not looking for a super lightweight 800hp clutch setup....just something better than stock that can handle future bolt on's. I have bought clutches in the past that were overkill and had to live with terrible chatter, jumpy engagment, a or heavy clutch pedal. I don't want to over do it again but I don't want to UNDER do it either.

Any input would be appreciated.

P.S. Future bolt on's past a blower will be minimal. I don't want to tear into the engine if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
McLoed RST:

Had one in the GTO with a billet 18lb flywheel(factory on a GTO is 28, i'd assume same on G8, and 12lb is way too light); it's a clutch for if you actually drive the car on the street... i promise you this much you'll like driving the car A LOT MORE on a multidisk setup, cleaner engagement, more surface area, and they are smaller in diameter so less rotating mass, which is an added bonus when you're lookin to rev it out. drives easy, predictable pedal feel and bites like a mofo when you're grabbing gears. Mine was paired to a Tick MC and a GMM/lss street combo. i miss that car.

i'm comparing to stock, ls7, and monster units, that was by far my favorite

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Mcleod but use the OEM throwout brg.

·
2009 G8 GXP
446 Posts
i am in the same boat......i have read good reviews about the ZR1 clutch or CSR clutch. I was hoping for driving in a GXP with an aftermarket clutch........but what are the chances of that happening

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Rillo,

I am the pot calling the kettle black. Drives me nuts when people post a new thread on something that's been discussed plenty before. Couldn't help myself though. Been working a lot of hours recently and the appeal of ask and forget was just too tempting. Boss had left for about 15mins so I jumped on here to get some G8 forum time.

Feel kinda stupid cause I have read the thread you posted about 3 different times.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
No need to apologize.... just trying to help a fellow enthusiast. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts