Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i seen about takeing the pipes off and there sounding good and all that. i would like to know if the check engine light will come on!? like im not worried about the light b/c i still have factory warn. but i would still like to know if anyone has had this problem before just so i dont cry like a baby b/c my car has to go from me:whine:!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks for the quick reply...also does anyone know. i have been looking at the solo performance axle backs for sum time now and again will the engine light come on and would i have to get a tune. i talked to jeff today at solo about them and said that they were really good for those g8 v6.oh and if anyone has them installed could u possibly post a sound clip would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
no axleback should cause a CEL. i've never heard of any modification to the exhaust cause a CEL outside of headers or hfc's.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
http://youtu.be/7Y8PdSTpgyk I have a set for about a year and a half and no problem,and duel tips are WAY better then the stock ones. Heres a video with mine on, i also have the mid muffler and resointers deleted with a x-pipe on.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
you could aslo look at the solo performance thread down in the vendor section. i believe there's a whole thread of many, many pages on the V6 axlebacks. i'd assume they would be some vid's posted.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
http://youtu.be/-h_hn1fiysA
Heres a video of my LY7 without mufflers, before i put on my solos. I have a x-pipie with resonatior delete.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just watched ur vid on youtube knglibrty and sounds damn good man.. i plan on takeing my axle backs of tom just to here what it sounds like but deff saveing up for the solo axle backs....F yeah

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Thanks, didn't drive with them that way but take a video and post, intrested to hear on street.Not much in the way of preformance mods for the LY7. Lots of people on here to pick there brains, and many threads to help.....

·
Registered
864 Posts
You cannot go wrong with the Solo's, quality product....

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it was them or the slp loud mouth exhaust. And I know that slp is known for the quality in there exhaust. Then I seen the posts about solo, and by the way that everyone is saying and Hereing the clip from knglibrty Deff sounds like solos are thee way to go. F yeah

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Glad" WE" could help.......................

·
BANGARANG!!!
328 Posts
dude the SLP loudmouths on a v6 will drone and shake the cabin so bad you'll go crazy. the solo's are alittle more but worth it imo on the v6. Now if i had a v8 with the DoD turned off i'd get the loudmouths and drive my wife crazy

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
watch my vids

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts