Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what the part number for the ABS harness is that runs between the 2 rear wheel speed sensors. It has two 2-pin connectors (for each speed sensor on the rear hubs), and one 4-pin connector that plugs in just to the passenger side of the fuel tank. I attached a picture that shows it.

GOPHERIT & kgenesse helped me figure out without a doubt that I need this harness, but I've found conflicting part numbers. An online GM parts site (run by a dealer) claims I need 92257573 but kgenesse and I have found part number 92211235. For that second part number, some outlets generically claim it's for the "front," but the ACDelco store on Amazon told me that that is in fact the harness I need.

So I know this issue has come up for others on the board, and yes I have gone through those threads.... I posted on those threads, and even sent PMs to 2 users that have had this harness replaced, but haven't gotten any responses. Maybe someone else can help, or maybe I missed a thread that does name it... all I know is that others on here have had this harness replaced too and I can't find any definitive part numbers!

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I just talked to my local dealer *parts man* and he says it reads "rear axle harness" with a P/N of 92257573 (which you show), that retails for $53.45

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Any update on this? I am gathering some info for a project and this would help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had a wire break at the 4 pin connector. I just took it out and fixed it myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to dredge up old posts here but can you post a picture of where this harness is exactly? I need to get in there and fix a broken wire before winter starts and I'm not sure where to start lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to dredge up old posts here but can you post a picture of where this harness is exactly? I need to get in there and fix a broken wire before winter starts and I'm not sure where to start lol.
I don't have any pictures of this anymore, but the 4-pin connector seems to be where it fails. It's located right at the front corner of the gas tank on the rear passenger side of the car. It nearly hangs down and bends right by the connector and it's very obvious when you get under there.

You can also follow the harness to make sure its the right one - it just wraps from rear wheel to rear wheel, and connects with a 4-pin connector on the side of the gas tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts