Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 09 g8 2years ago. Ever since I have owned it rattled in right front end. It does this every time I first drive the car each day. It only happens after a start and driving a short distance with no throttle.
It has been to the dealer for weeks at a time. After 2 years the dealer finally identified it as a noise the pump makes in the abs module during a test of the system.
GM claims it takes like 30 things to happen for the test to take place and that I somehow do them every time I start my car.
They claim the noise is normal and the dealer told me yesterday it is in the owners book. The will not replace the module to let us know if mine is louder than normal or working properly. To GM it is normal and it is my problem.
The manager ( so he tells me) agrees with me that it sounds like a problem but GM will not fix.
Has anyone else heard this noise? Is it normal?
I have had to drive my 91 Mercedes coup a lot recently because of this. I tell the service manager at GM no rattles in it.
Thanx

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I bought a 09 g8 2years ago. Ever since I have owned it rattled in right front end. It does this every time I first drive the car each day. It only happens after a start and driving a short distance with no throttle.
It has been to the dealer for weeks at a time. After 2 years the dealer finally identified it as a noise the pump makes in the abs module during a test of the system.
GM claims it takes like 30 things to happen for the test to take place and that I somehow do them every time I start my car.
They claim the noise is normal and the dealer told me yesterday it is in the owners book. The will not replace the module to let us know if mine is louder than normal or working properly. To GM it is normal and it is my problem.
The manager ( so he tells me) agrees with me that it sounds like a problem but GM will not fix.
Has anyone else heard this noise? Is it normal?
I have had to drive my 91 Mercedes coup a lot recently because of this. I tell the service manager at GM no rattles in it.
Thanx
Greetings,

Sorry to hear about that. I know that must be a confusing situation regarding what you may feel is an issue. Did you take the vehicle to a certified GM dealership for your diagnosis?

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
The noise is absolutely normal. Mine does it too.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
At first I thought I never heard it but it is there. I never really thought anything about it as it not very loud. But it is something that with every car has its own personality.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've learned to live with it, I actually did not notice the noise until a couple months after I bought the car. Once I learned it was a normal procedure I've come to listen to it as a sign everything is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts