Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Ac compressor on my 2008 G8 (LY7) is bad. i'm having trouble finding one for under 700$. are they all that expensive or am i missing something? this is my first G8 so i'm not familiar with the part prices

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
How was it determined the compressor is bad? Where are you seeing an air conditioner compressor for a Pontiac G8 costing $700? Wherever it is... run don't walk away. By the way, the part number for the compressor is 92265301.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Correct.

It's currently $422.79 on RockAuto (OEM ACDelco). Factor in the 5% discount and you're looking at $409.64 before shipping ($7.99 to my zip code).

Definitely shop around...

·
Registered
294 Posts
It doesn't look like it's hard to get out after unbolting the compressor and the lines. Couple tips if you've never done a compressor...when you bolt the new one on...alternate between the bolts to slowly bring them up to torque to prevent stressing the housing seal and possibly causing a leak. Drain and measure the oil that comes out of the old one. If it's less than 3 oz that comes out...I add 3 oz. If more than 3 oz comes out, add the same amount that came out. Than draw your vacuum on the system and charge.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did the compressor on my 300zx this winter. It was about 450$ for a kit that came with dryer and expansion valve. Most compressor's run about 400 these days.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Have you ever heard of Amazon??????? For $459 you get the entire installation kit. Rebuilt the compressor can be found for under $200 alone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts