Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says it looks like I have power steering leaks at both sides of the condenser. I cleaned all the dirt and oil build up to see if I could see the leak an maybe hope that it was the hose or maybe on the face of the condenser but I cant see anything and its dripping pretty fast.

So My question is would it be easier(or is it the only way) to just take the front bumper off and go at it that way.

And any suggestions on a replacement? GM runs about $300-$400. I can find them cheaper a lot cheaper but for the work should I trust them?

Not sure if I am not allowed to post links?? Not trying to advertise them just need opinions. Im not sure if any of the vendors sell something like this?

http://www.genesisautoparts.com/condenser-pontiac-g8.htm

http://www.radiatorexpress.com/prod...CONDENSER+++++&part_id=219918&aaia_id=1442793

I know I could go to a junkyard maybe and get one but then I could risk doing all that work and have it have something wrong with it.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The easier and cheaper way is to just go get a small tranny cooler and hook it up to the P.S. hoses going into the condenser then just plug the holes on the condenser. There are lots of cooler options you can use for this type of repair. Taking the bumber off is the easiest. Or you can just pull the lower grills out to give you access. Not going to have as much room though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2009 g8 base model last night hit a racoon and busted the ac condenser. I lost power steering as well system is completely dry. My question is, is the power steering connected with the ac condenser like is there a cooler or something built in to or is that just on the gt?

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Am somewhat sure the power steering cooler attached to the air condenser is used by the G8 V6 as well.

Reactions: G8loser24
1 - 4 of 4 Posts